Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Goal Saver Account

Options
  • 11-09-2018 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

I have two Goal Saver Accounts. The BOI interest rate information sheet  shows that a rate of 1.35% applies to "a max" of 15,000, and a rate of .25% applies when the balance exceeds this. 

I have reviewed the Goal Saver Information and Terms & Conditions on the BOI Website and nowhere is this set out clearly whether the reduced rate applies to the excess over 15,000 only, or to the entire balance. 

I would have assumed that the rules were similar to the 365 Monthly Saver Account as set out in this thread

Can you clarify this for me please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Hibernicis,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

What you've assumed is correct, the rate of 1.35% applies to balances up to €15000 and any balance above this then earns interest at 0.25%. For example, if you had a balance of €20000, €15k would earn 1.35% and the remaining €5k would earn 0.25%.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement