Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB report and old personal debt

• 11-09-2018 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey there,

Hope this is the right place for this but I was Hoping someone here might have a better idea than I on credit reports and checks.

Long story short, I first moved to attend college back in 2008 and had to take a heap of debt to do it. By heap i would say less than 5k across 3 banks and a credit card at the most. I, being a moron, took everything offered.

Any way, the economy crashed and my income disappeared. Left college and tried to rebuild. Paid off most of it. Now I have been trying my best to trace the rest and I am having no luck despite providing all previous addresses to the ICB. Got the report today with a record of a single loan back in 2014 only.

I tried doing this before via MABS about 6 years ago as well, but they had no joy. I approached previous lenders directly to try and find it as well. I just want it done away with and years later it seems to have vanished.

Tldr; how to I find old debt that is not appearing on an ICB report or with previous lenders. All taken before the crash in 2008 most paid off. I literally just want to pay it if at all possible.

Cheers lads,
    K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

If the default is older than 6 years it is not recorded and your credit history is clean

Just get a copy of your ICB report yourself for a small fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you go back to the banks that gave you loans & ask them what the outstanding balances are? If the balances were small, they may have been written off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Not all lenders report to the ICB and records are only kept on it for 6 years after being closed/finalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

TheShow wrote: »
    Not all lenders report to the ICB and records are only kept on it for 6 years after being closed/finalised.

Don’t keep requesting copies of your ICB as these all leave a footprint and would be viewed somewhat negatively.
    If all that’s showIng is from 2014 and it’s clean, then your history is clean and there nothing more you can do.
    If you do have debt left out there, check to see if there are any judgements registered against you. This wouldn’t show on ICB. Try Stubbs Gazette or vision net for judgement search.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Got the report, it's clean. The things I feel never got paid were via AIB and BOI. They would be less than €1,000 between them at most.

I was hoping the report would indicate how to find this missing debt and settle it. A decade ago it may have been but I still feel bad about how things went then.

May have been written off or expired (if debt can expire, which would be weird)

If I can't find it then there is little I can do. May reach out to the banks involved again and try and find it there.

Cheers lads. Thanks for your time.
    K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 mummy5

Korasa wrote: »
    Thanks for the prompt replies.

Got the report, it's clean. The things I feel never got paid were via AIB and BOI. They would be less than €1,000 between them at most.

I was hoping the report would indicate how to find this missing debt and settle it. A decade ago it may have been but I still feel bad about how things went then.

May have been written off or expired (if debt can expire, which would be weird)

If I can't find it then there is little I can do. May reach out to the banks involved again and try and find it there.

Cheers lads. Thanks for your time.
    K

Hi how did you get on? Did your old debts re appear? I have similar with a few hundred owed to ulster bank from 2012 but it never showed on my icb I'm waiting on my report from the central credit register to see if it shows there

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AMBanks

Did you get back your central credit register report? I am awaiting mine - waiting a week so far. I applied for my ICB which shows everything perfect yet I know one payment was missed and a couple late...so it seems a bit weird!

I feel like if that is what the bank reported then the central credit report should be the same but it just all seems a bit strange....

For the original poster i imagine those debts were sold on to a debt collector and written off- and debt collectors don;t report to the icb etc

Advertisement