Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract - Fibre Broadband & Landline

Options
  • 11-09-2018 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi eir,

Once again I am contacting you on behalf of my mother, <name>

I asked eir representatives to clarify a number of issues surrounding our 12 Month Contract for Fibre Broadband & Landline Telephone which is set up by monthly Direct Debit. I subsequently received very clear reassurances as I had raised concerns about the need to meet the 30 Days advance cancellation  notice requirement and not going over 12 Months contract period on the current plan as the proposed rate increase would become too high based on our current usage patterns. My interaction with eir on this particular topic was through the "eir Community Forum" which was terminated by eir back on 17th August. 

https://www.eir.ie/communityretirement/?postid=321872

I would have raised this particular issue with both "eir: Thomas" AND "eir: Vaishali" between 26th-28th March 2018 via the "eir Community Forum" and I still have the e-mail receipts saved into my folder. Our existing contract runs until 18th December 2018 and then the promotional rates package comes to an end which results in a large increase charged to the monthly rate which my mother cannot afford so; we would be very anxious to keep all of our options open when the current contract finishes on 18th December. My understanding from the "eir Community forum" responses received  last March was that, as a customer we are permitted to provide the 30 days advance cancellation notice one month before the contract expires and that once we still meet the full 12 month contract then we should NOT incur any penalties or early termination charges if we opted to change supplier AND/OR package plan. I presume nothing regarding this advice has changed? If I misunderstood, please do not hesitate to clarify in your follow up response.

We are not certain if we will need to switch provider again this year but we just cannot take the risk so; we will provide the 30 days advance cancellation notice to allow us more options to switch package plan/provider without penalty/early termination charges when the existing contract expires on 18/12/2018. The latest prices as shown on the below independent consumer website (prices checked August 27th, 2018) makes for some very interesting reading.

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/cheapest-phone-and-broadband-package.html

Also, if eir would like to communicate a range of package options with similar core elements of our existing package ahead of our contract expiry date, we will keep these options in mind when reviewing all offerings best suited to our particular needs.

Assuming nothing has changed, would it be perfectly satisfactory if I communicate the 30 Days advance cancellation notice via eir's platform on Boards.ie ? Yes/No? 

The account details are communicated below, for your reference. 

I look forward to your advice reply in due course.

Regards,
    <names>
    eir Customer Account Number is: <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Hi eir,

Once again I am contacting you on behalf of my mother, Mrs. Mary O'Sullivan.

I asked eir representatives to clarify a number of issues surrounding our 12 Month Contract for Fibre Broadband & Landline Telephone which is set up by monthly Direct Debit. I subsequently received very clear reassurances as I had raised concerns about the need to meet the 30 Days advance cancellation  notice requirement and not going over 12 Months contract period on the current plan as the proposed rate increase would become too high based on our current usage patterns. My interaction with eir on this particular topic was through the "eir Community Forum" which was terminated by eir back on 17th August. 

https://www.eir.ie/communityretirement/?postid=321872

I would have raised this particular issue with both "eir: Thomas" AND "eir: [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Vaishali" between 26th-28th March 2018 via the "eir Community Forum" and I still have the e-mail receipts saved into my folder. Our existing contract runs until 18th December 2018 and then the promotional rates package comes to an end which results in a large increase charged to the monthly rate which my mother cannot afford so; we would be very anxious to keep all of our options open when the current contract finishes on 18th December. My understanding from the "eir Community forum" responses received  last March was that, as a customer we are permitted to provide the 30 days advance cancellation notice one month before the contract expires and that once we still meet the full 12 month contract then we should NOT incur any penalties or early termination charges if we opted to change supplier AND/OR package plan. I presume nothing regarding this advice has changed? If I misunderstood, please do not hesitate to clarify in your follow up response.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We are not certain if we will need to switch provider again this year but we just cannot take the risk so; we will provide the 30 days advance cancellation notice to allow us more options to switch package plan/provider without penalty/early termination charges when the existing contract expires on 18/12/2018. The latest prices as shown on the below independent consumer website (prices checked August 27th, 2018)[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] makes for some very interesting reading.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]http://www.moneyguideireland.com/cheapest-phone-and-broadband-package.html[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Also, if eir would like to communicate a range of package options with similar core elements of our existing package ahead of our contract expiry date, we will keep these options in mind when reviewing all offerings best suited to our particular needs.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]As[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]suming nothing has changed, would it be perfectly satisfactory if I communicate the 30 Days advance c[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]anc[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]e[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]llation notice via eir's platform on Boards.ie [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]? Yes/No? [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The account details are communicated below, for your reference. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I look forward to your advice reply in due course.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Regards,[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Peter O'Sullivan[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif

Hi this is a public post so my advice is to edit your post to remove personal details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Hi eir,

I am contacting you on behalf of my mother's account.

A number of months ago, I asked eir representatives to clarify a number of issues surrounding our 12 Month Contract for Fibre Broadband & Landline Telephone which is set up by monthly Direct Debit. I subsequently received clear assurances as I enquired about the need to meet the 30 Days advance cancellation notice requirement and not going over 12 Months contract period on the current plan as the proposed rate increase would become too high based on our current usage patterns. My interaction with eir on this particular topic was through the "eir Community Forum" which was terminated by eir back on 17th August. 

https://www.eir.ie/com...ement/?postid=321872

I would have raised this particular issue with both "eir: Thomas" AND "eir: Vaishali" between 26th-28th March 2018 via the "eir Community Forum" and I still have the e-mail receipts saved into my folder. Our existing contract runs until 18th December 2018 and then the promotional rates package comes to an end which results in a large increase charged in our monthly rate which my mother cannot afford so; we would be very anxious to keep all of our options open when the current contract finishes on 18th December. 

My understanding from the "eir Community forum" responses received  last March was that, as a customer we are permitted to provide the 30 days advance cancellation notice one month before the contract expires and that once we still meet the full 12 month contract then we should NOT incur any penalties or early termination charges if we opted to change supplier AND/OR package plan at that point. I presume nothing regarding this advice has changed? If I misunderstood, please clarify the situation in your follow up response.

We are still not certain yet if we will need to switch provider again this year but we just cannot take the risk so; we will provide the 30 days advance cancellation notice to allow us more options to switch package plan/provider without penalty/early termination charges when the existing contract expires on 18/12/2018. The latest prices as shown on the below independent consumer website Money Guide Ireland website (prices checked August 27th, 2018) makes for some very interesting reading.

http://www.moneyguidei...oadband-package.html

Also, if eir would like to communicate a range of package options with similar core elements of our existing package ahead of our contract expiry date, we will also keep these options in mind when reviewing all offerings best suited to our particular needs.

Assuming nothing has changed, would it be perfectly satisfactory if I communicate the 30 Days advance cancellation notice via eir's platform on Boards.ie ? Yes/No? 

The full account details in relation to this query can be provided on a PM, once I receive an acknowledgement from an official eir representative.

I look forward to your advice reply in due course.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes you can submit the 30 days request 30 days in advance of your contract end date. Unfortunately we are unable to accept cancellation requests from here. This request would need to be submitted over the phone via 1901.

Upon this request a member of the team will review your account and advise if we can offer you a more competitive package or better value for money.

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes you can submit the 30 days request 30 days in advance of your contract end date. Unfortunately we are unable to accept cancellation requests from here. This request would need to be submitted over the phone via 1901.

Upon this request a member of the team will review your account and advise if we can offer you a more competitive package or better value for money.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hello Sarah,

Thank you for acknowledging this query.

I've been away on holidays and had not realised that you had sent a response back on 14/09 until I logged back onto Boards.ie this afternoon.

I am noting the cancellation notice method as via the Telephone 1901 which you have advised in your official response.

I will ask if a member of the eir team would send us out a list of new packages as we come closer to the end contract date at that point.

I will probably make contact with eir by phone on 1901 around Friday 16th November (18th November falls on a Sunday) in order to comply with the 30 days advance cancellation notice terms.

Thank you so much for this advice and information which I will keep on file for future reference. 

Kind Regards,
    Peter 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

No problem at all Peter,

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

No problem at all Peter,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Will do Sarah
    Thanks once again for that important clarification.
    Have a good evening!
    Regards,
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

No problem at all Peter,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Will do Sarah
    Have a good evening!
    Regards,
    Peter
    No problem, Peter. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback onto Sarah for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

No problem at all Peter,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Will do Sarah
    Have a good evening!
    Regards,
    Peter
    No problem, Peter. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback onto Sarah for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey
    Much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Peter

Advertisement