Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for wired security system - pre-wired house.

Options
  • 11-09-2018 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

First of all, I have read some threads and looked for some answers but every situation is different.

I am moving into a new place pre-wired for an alarm system. I don’t want anything fancy, just a control panel, perimeter detection and window and door detectors. No monitoring, no app, nothing else. I do like it to be installed by an approved electrician so I can knock 20 euro off my home insurance. LOL. Just looking for the cheapest decent enough option.

What system should I be looking at and what pricing can I expect?

In case I do want monitoring, what is the best company to go with and what price should I expect?

I got a call today from Phonewatch but their 39 euro a month put me off, and from reading the boards here today, I avoided a scam.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    For previewed property I would recommend the GSD i1070 or Siemens Vanderbilt SPC4200/4300.
    Both have options for wireless & both have options for apps should you want to look at that down the road.
    You need your alarm installed by an approved PSA licenced installer not an approved electrician. Also beware if you are availing of an insurance discount based on the alarm conforming to EN50131-1 you will need to have the system serviced every year.
    Most company's can set you up with maintenance & monitoring. Shop around.
    You should be looking for something that covers you for all calls & labour throughout the year. Also something that doesn't tie you into long term contracts like PW.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Thanks for the reply.

I can't find any of the mentioned systems with price.

What would the systems cost me and how much for installation?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We don't get into quoting here. I'd recommend that you contact a few licenced installers and get written quotes.

Right, OK, thanks. 

Any suggestions of reputable companies to contact?

Some good installers listed in the sticky & we are all on the PSA register of licenced installers.
    https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/webContract?OpenForm
    Just search your area.

• Advertisement

Thanks I'll check it out

Advertisement