Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HarveyNorman, Lesser model delivered

Options
  • 11-09-2018 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hello everybody,
    I am looking for some guidance on dealing with a Harveynorman issue
    I ordered an Acer Predator 27inch 4k monitor off their website 2 weeks ago. The price was significantly lower than one would expect(but not cheap either) but i triple checked the stats advertised and consulted reviews of the product and ordered. I half expected the order to be cancelled with an apology if a a mistake had been made with the advertisement but there was quite a delay til dispatch.
    I recieved the delivery today, and while it is an acer monitor, it is not 4k and not a predator and is of signifciantly poorer specs than the monitor ordered.
    I have sent an email requesting a full refund and for harveynorman to arrange collection of the unwanted monitor at their expense or to send the monitor ordered.
    I don't want to publicly state what i think of this practice. how would ye proceed from here?

Edit.to add insult to injury the monitor they sent is circa 230 euro, significantly less than what i have paid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Wrong one got picked in the warehouse. Why didn't you ask for them to supply what you ordered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

thank you for reply
    the model i ordered has completely disappeared from their listings, so i suspect was never stocked. I have asked for refund or sending the correct model instead. the webpage has been completely pulled for days.
    There was a big delay in dispatch. when i queried the delay via email i was told dispatching store would get back to me, this never happened
    I ordered the monitor on August 29th/30. The invoice attached to the package is a different number, the date entered was 10th september and later there is the original order number but different model to what i ordered. they are charging the original price for the lesser model
    It looks like this new order was generated yesterday, following an email query sent on sunday enquiring about the progress of my order

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If all else fails just return it using the distance selling 14 day cooling off period.

But they should arrange for it's collection due to it being their mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

thanks dell
    that's most reasonable. I will await their response

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Giveaway wrote: »
    Hello everybody,
    I am looking for some guidance on dealing with a Harveynorman issue
    I ordered an Acer Predator 27inch 4k monitor off their website 2 weeks ago. The price was significantly lower than one would expect(but not cheap either) but i triple checked the stats advertised and consulted reviews of the product and ordered. I half expected the order to be cancelled with an apology if a a mistake had been made with the advertisement but there was quite a delay til dispatch.
    I recieved the delivery today, and while it is an acer monitor, it is not 4k and not a predator and is of signifciantly poorer specs than the monitor ordered.
    I have sent an email requesting a full refund and for harveynorman to arrange collection of the unwanted monitor at their expense or to send the monitor ordered.
    I don't want to publicly state what i think of this practice. how would ye proceed from here?

Edit.to add insult to injury the monitor they sent is circa 230 euro, significantly less than what i have paid
    They're ok ref returns,took a big American fridge (Samsung) back from a lady I knew,small dent,noisy,turned out it was a display model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eirbear1989

14 day cooling off period is for services. As this is a supply of goods, he can bring it back in a resale-able condition with proof of purchase and explain that it is not what he ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

14 day cooling off period is for services. As this is a supply of goods, he can bring it back in a resale-able condition with proof of purchase and explain that it is not what he ordered.

14 days is for nearly any item bought online.
    Cooling-off period
    You are entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days, which begins on the day that you receive the goods. In the case of a service, the cooling-off period begins on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.

In the case of digital content, the cooling-off period expires when the downloading or streaming starts.

During the cooling-off period, you can cancel a distance contract without giving a reason and without incurring charges or penalties, other than possible charges incurred in returning the goods.

If a trader fails to provide you with information on the right to cancel, the cooling-off period is extended to 12 months from the date it would have expired if the information had been provided. If the trader provides the information within this 12-month period, the cooling-off period expires within 14 days of the consumer receiving it.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

OP if you return it using the 14 day cooling off make sure you are reimburse the cost of return postage or that they agree to it beforehand. No way should you be out of pocket. If the monitor they sent you is not the one you ordered then it is their mistake and is up to them to rectify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would be very wary of treating this as a 14 day cooling off return.

I would treat this as faulty goods, and I would be going down that return route. To be sure there is absolutely no question of you paying return postage

https://www.harveynorman.ie/customer-services/returns-policy.html

Advertisement