Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RR World Champs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Eddie Dunbar isn't riding the TT, McDunphy is. Lot of talk about who merited a place on the team, the case of Darnell Moore went to appeal and Trulock is really going well. two lads flying right now didn't even get a look in because they stayed domestic

The 2 Junior girls both have a real chance of a medal with luck IMO. There are proper climbers in the Junior boys as well. I didn't think it was a decent Junior year until the results started flying in after the Leaving cert. If I had been selecting there are 2 or 3 other lads who were worthy of selection but no doubt it's a strong team. Cannot understand why the junior champ isn't on the team though, he's going as well as the A1s and has proven himself throughout the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Eddie Dunbar isn't riding the TT, McDunphy is.

Thanks. I just updated my post so as not to confuse anyone else

Inquitus wrote: »
    We qualified 6 for the Mens RR, shame we haven't even taken our full allotment!

I didn't know that. Why are we not taking 6 riders?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

1/100 Seán Kelly to mangle every rider's surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Adam Ward really is a strange case. How he wasn't selected for the junior team is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Start lists (up to date, hopefully) for all nations available on http://www.uci.org/road/events/2018-uci-road-world-championships-tirol-innsbruck

Richie Porte had ruled himself out of the World Championships due to illness

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/richie-porte-out-of-world-championships-due-to-illness/

Sunweb for the mens and likely womens too in the TTT tomorrow. Though BMC will have a thing or two to say in the mens.

Women's TTT is live on Eurosport1 now

How cool is the Canyon kit. Loving the socks and discs.

• Advertisement

Wow they emptied themselves there and the whole team home.

Unregistered Users

First 2018 rainbow jerseys given away. Congrats to winners!

My favourite kit in pro cycling!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

My favourite kit in pro cycling!

Same. It's awesome.

Who won?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

nee wrote: »
    Same. It's awesome.

Who won?!

Canyon SRAM are the women's TTT champs. If you like the kit, see if you can find a video of any of their run, they went all out on the colours and coordination!

Unregistered Users

CCC Sprandi Polkowice rode surprisingly well, I'd say. :eek:

Unregistered Users

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the winner is...
    QUICK-STEP !!!

Congratulations!

4th gold for
    Terpstra
    , BTW. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

You can usually get men's versions of that jersey quite cheap in the Rapha sale

Had half an eye on the Jr. Women TT and half heard on commentary that they are restricted in their gearing. Something I wasn't aware of, so what ratio are they restricted to?

All I could find was "Junior riders must ride restricted gears. The maximum gear ratio authorised is that which gives a distance covered per pedal revolution of 7.93 metres" what does that translate to in terms of ratio? 54/11 etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Women's TTT is live on Eurosport1 now
    Better not mention the women's racing as it reads in the title this thread is for the men's race only!

Had half an eye on the Jr. Women TT and half heard on commentary that they are restricted in their gearing. Something I wasn't aware of, so what ratio are they restricted to?

All I could find was "Junior riders must ride restricted gears. The maximum gear ratio authorised is that which gives a distance covered per pedal revolution of 7.93 metres" what does that translate to in terms of ratio? 54/11 etc?

by sheldon brown 7.93 would equate to a 53 x 13 on 700 x 25 tyres. that seems very big to me? I thought juniors were restricted more. i know i was as a junior, something like 52 x 15

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    by sheldon brown 7.93 would equate to a 53 x 13 on 700 x 25 tyres. that seems very big to me? I thought juniors were restricted more. i know i was as a junior, something like 52 x 15

https://www.bobsbikes.net/gear-ratio-charts.html

seems closer to the mark for me

52 x 14 which is what i thought it actually was is 7.93

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

nak wrote: »
    Better not mention the women's racing as it reads in the title this thread is for the men's race only!

I don't know what you mean :cool:

Unregistered Users

Dutch rider, Britt Knaven, rode Pinarello TT bike with SKY lettering and Australian colours. That very one:

462120.jpg

99% sure it's Richie Porte's 2015 bike. Correct me if I'm wrong. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Her Da is probably Servais (Sky DS)

Was on the phone for a while what happened the British lad there? he ran on to the ramp and hopped on the bike and away with him, last minute wee and missed his start?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Finnrocco wrote: »
    Her Da is probably Servais (Sky DS)

she is. And another Paris Roubaix winner had progeny on the start list - Welsh girl Elynor Backstedt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was on the phone for a while what happened the British lad there? he ran on to the ramp and hopped on the bike and away with him, last minute wee and missed his start?

Twitter saying he had a call of nature

Could even clip in he was that rushed

Advertisement