Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RR World Champs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Dennis catches Kiryienka... who started 3 minutes ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

That was some ride

Well and truly deserved. Best man today and all year in the TT

Unbelievable performance by Ronan Dennis. I don't think I've ever seen such a domination in a ITT before!

1. DENNIS Rohan AUS 1:03:02.57
    2. DUMOULIN Tom NED +1:21.09
    3. CAMPENAERTS Victor BEL +1:21.62

Nico finished 46th and Mullen 49th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Unbelievable performance by Ronan Dennis. I don't think I've ever seen such a domination in a ITT before!

1. DENNIS Rohan AUS 1:03:02.57
    2. DUMOULIN Tom NED +1:21.09
    3. CAMPENAERTS Victor BEL +1:21.62

Cancellara won probably three of his world titles by over a minute. In 2009, he won on by 1:27 from Larsson, Tony Martin was third, two-and-a-half minutes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Tony Martin had 1'15 on the field inc Cancellara and Wiggins in 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Nico finished 46th and Mullen 49th

Both saying they felt empty ?? and dont know why as felt good before the race

But very poor from both given Nico was 12th last year and MUllen is a TT talent

Wouldn't be a course for Mullen with the hills, he has about 10kg on Rohan Dennis I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Really looking forward to seeing the Juniors girls and boys in action today. Both categories with riders who have really good chances of top finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Is Eurosport showing the Women's and Men's Elite road races (Saturday & Sunday) live here in Ireland on the SKY platform, does anyone know?
    All I'm seeing on my EPG on those days is delayed/highlights coverage later in the evening, with live Chinese snooker at the times I'd expect to see the races. :(

Melodeon wrote: »
    Is Eurosport showing the Women's and Men's Elite road races (Saturday & Sunday) live here in Ireland on the SKY platform, does anyone know?
    All I'm seeing on my EPG on those days is delayed/highlights coverage later in the evening, with live Chinese snooker at the times I'd expect to see the races. :(

Checked the site there and it seems it's listed as you say for highlights with live coverage at 11am on Saturday and 8.30 am Sunday on the player only.

BBC 2 at 4pm Saturday and BBC 1 at 1:45pm Sunday

Feck them anyway!
    They've shown everything else live, but decide to act the bollix with the 2 Blue Riband events? FFS! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Lads it says it is on Eurosport 1 at 11.45am on Sunday for 5.5 hours, not sure which TV guide youse are looking at

My Irish SKY EPG lists this for Eurosport 1 on Sunday from 11:45:
    11:45am-3:30pm Live Chinese snooker
    3:30pm-5:15pm Live Blancpain Endurance Series
    5:15pm-5:30pm Cycling filler
    5:30pm-7:30pm Cycling: Road World Champs

Eurosport 2 is all snooker and motorcycles at these times.

The Saturday schedule is mostly the same with a bit of tennis thrown in.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lads it says it is on Eurosport 1 at 11.45am on Sunday for 5.5 hours, not sure which TV guide youse are looking at

Mine says it's snooker from 11:45am on Sunday

462383.JPG

Junior women setting the standard for whats to come there. Laura Stigger of Austria won it , world champion in what I think they said was her 2nd road race, shes a MTB rider usually.

Maeve Gallagher I think was 26th?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Junior women setting the standard for whats to come there. Laura Stigger of Austria won it , world champion in what I think they said was her 2nd road race, shes a MTB rider usually.

Maeve Gallagher I think was 26th?

Awesome from Maeve. How'd Lara get on?

nee wrote: »
    Awesome from Maeve. How'd Lara get on?

54 5'47 behind the winner.

Was a great race to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Checked the site there and it seems it's listed as you say for highlights with live coverage at 11am on Saturday and 8.30 am Sunday on the player only.

BBC 2 at 4pm Saturday and BBC 1 at 1:45pm Sunday
    Saturday and Sunday races live on the red button before they go on the main channels (which you can manually tune on any satellite receiver as far as I'm aware - we've a FTA receiver and have the red button channel tuned in anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] Laura Stigger of Austria won it , world champion in what I think they said was her 2nd road race, shes a MTB rider usually.

[...]

In her first post-race interview she said it was her 2nd ever road race indeed! :eek:

Speaking about MTB - she's current national and world champion in women's junior MTB.

Well done Laura! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

just watching the Junior RR... would lads ever stop doing the puppy paws thing. it should be banned.
    the amount of crashes is crazy. the favourite is down as well, Remco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

thekooman wrote: »
    just watching the Junior RR... would lads ever stop doing the puppy paws thing. it should be banned.

A lad came roaring up the inside of me in a sportive at that sh*t in the summer - in a bunch and it was slowing down, dope had to slam hard on the brakes and skidded - very lucky not to take a few people out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

looks like the winner today is going to be a special one for the future!

He sure lived up to the hype. Told his team mates not to drop back for him on the climb earlier as he powered back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Amazing talent! 1.5years cycling and can do whatever he likes in a race! If he keeps developing and handles the injuries which will come we're looking at one of the all time greats!

Glad the German held on but was rooting for the Swiss for that bronze. Just dont like the Italians for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Phenomenal talent, he has some future barring injuries. His performance in the T.T. was incredible. He won it by 1.23. All the other guys were seconds apart. Has signed for for Quickstep next year, watch that space.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Looks a good course for Dan Martin, do people really think he has no real chance after showing no form at the vuelta (to be expected after TdF) and the new baby.
    You would think he would have some chance for a medal with any group that came to the finish after those climbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

thekooman wrote: »

What's the puppy paws thing

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    What's the puppy paws thing

When a cyclist leans their forearms on the handlebars to achieve a more aero position. Their wrists are normally flexed downwards at a right angle and can resemble a puppy's paws

zabriskie2-jpg.328781

Qunexc-24X36-INCH-ART-SILK-POSTER-Animals-labrador-retriever-dogs-puppy-paws-body-black-and-white.jpg_640x640.jpg

Advertisement