Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RR World Champs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The Juan and only Antonio Flecha has ridden the final climb in the men's elite RR

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

When a cyclist leans their forearms on the handlebars to achieve a more aero position. Their wrists are normally flexed downwards at a right angle and can resemble a puppy's paws

zabriskie2-jpg.328781

Qunexc-24X36-INCH-ART-SILK-POSTER-Animals-labrador-retriever-dogs-puppy-paws-body-black-and-white.jpg_640x640.jpg

Seen it plenty of times on the telebox didn't know it had a name.

Cute labs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

The Juan and only Antonio Flecha has ridden the final climb in the men's elite RR

I do like him, but.... I can't stand the gear he wears these days, and that awful bike too (and last years awful looking machine I thought was rotten too).

Can't wait for the races on Sat/Sun though!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

wagtail99 wrote: »
    Looks a good course for Dan Martin, do people really think he has no real chance after showing no form at the vuelta (to be expected after TdF) and the new baby.
    You would think he would have some chance for a medal with any group that came to the finish after those climbs.

Yes...course suits Dan but cant see him with any form....he had none at the Vuelta and he has been at the hospital and probably up every night with twin babies....Dont think he had any time to go training

My favourites ftw are Allaphillipe, Roglic and I wouldn't count out Sagan
    French team are strong with Bardet & Pinot also in with a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Nibbles is apparently 3rd choice for italy, behind moscon and pozzovivo. Must not be feeling it.

Id not like to see moscon win it

Preview from GCN (Dan & Simon)... Skip to 3:23 for the Road Race preview

My prediction for the win: Yates ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

My money is on Moscon at 125/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

COME ON EDDIE

Live coverage on Eurosport1 from 12.15pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Eddie needs to ride sensibly, within himself and not do too much, whenever I have seen him riding for himself he's done too much work and paid for it.

Oh crash , no irish involved that I can see.

Ireland riding on the front? Guess it's the place to be given the crash there but surprised to see them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Dont know if they should be solely the lads at the front! Doesn't bode well for when it will get really tough as Eddie wont likely have any left!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Great to see them on the front. Im sure they've been well coached in how best to look after Eddie D. and he knows well how much effort he can afford to give in the earlier stages.
    Who will be his main competitors left when it comes to the final 30 or 40k after a lot of climbing in the legs?

Great to see them on the front. Im sure they've been well coached in how best to look after Eddie D. and he knows well how much effort he can afford to give in the earlier stages.
    Who will be his main competitors left when it comes to the final 30 or 40k after a lot of climbing in the legs?

where can i watch this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    where can i watch this?

Eurosport

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Im on eurosport player. The live TV coverage might not start for another while

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Eurosport

is it on now

It's been on the europsport player but ill be switching over now to ES1 as even Kirby is better than the commentator they have on there. It's on youtube aswell but not available in Ireland for some reason.

It's been on the europsport player but ill be switching over now to ES1 as even Kirby is better than the commentator they have on there. It's on youtube aswell but not available in Ireland for some reason.

on eurosport youtube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

MPFGLB wrote: »
    and I wouldn't count out Sagan

I've seen his name bandied about so much, but I can't see it at all. Too big a climb on the laps and 4500m total will just be too much for him.

Can an U23 also compete in the senior race?

neris wrote: »

Came up on commentary on ES player they said yes but if they do they can't ride under 23 again. If they win the jersey at U23 they can't wear it at world tour races only U23 races.

neris wrote: »

Yeah...but they will be knackered

Sosa is one of the main threats today

Also Padun (ukraine) and Lambrecht (belgian) are very strong riders

Eddie alone now out front ?

JazzyJ wrote: »
    I've seen his name bandied about so much, but I can't see it at all. Too big a climb on the laps and 4500m total will just be too much for him.

He seems confident though ?
    He did do very well on climbs in California a few years ago

But climbs do look hard for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Good looking break gone up the road, four Swiss riders invovled.

No Dunbarr though.....

Advertisement