Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RR World Champs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The way Carltons going on about eddie I hope the curse of Carlton doesn't strike

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Gap has stabilised at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Kicking off in the peleton now...

And Eddie goes for it...

All systems go now... Race is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Big effort and the peleton are not far behind....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Big gamble to go when he did, let's see what he's got. Go Eddie!

MPFGLB wrote: »
    He seems confident though ?
    He did do very well on climbs in California a few years ago

But climbs do look hard for him

He's always pretty confident!

The stages in California weren't anything like what they'll be facing. Maybe if the climbs weren't as long he'd be in with a better shout. And ramps in the last climb are no joke at all.

Not looking good for Eddie unless he sat waiting for the Peleton.

Dunbar's done :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Dunbar used to much energy too soon .... was very strong but wasted it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Can't help but feel the Irish team threw away their chance today. Wasted all our domestiques early on and then Eddie attacked way too early.

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Dunbar used to much energy too soon .... was very strong but wasted it

Aye he seems to get the tactics wrong a lot of the time, would have been much better served, with the power of hindsight, sitting in until the final climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye he seems to get the tactics wrong a lot of the time, would have been much better served, with the power of hindsight, sitting in until the final climb.

All he knows is to attack so when he saw a decent gap emerging he went chasing.
    Very unlucky, a learning experience and a great effort all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

also can't help but feel the Irish team got it very wrong today. the bunch were play acting but it was 2 versus 20 of them and Dunbar could have sat in like Lambrecht fresh from Vuelta and waited til the last time up that savage hill. the Swiss were so strong. Mader was very strong even at the end having been in 2 previous moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,396 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

BBC red button coverage of women's race on now

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Is Eurosport Player on Android broken for anyone else or just me?

No fine for me, what up with it on your end?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

No fine for me, what up with it on your end?

Thanks, logging out and back in again fixed it. Sloppy exception handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

BBC1 are showing live coverage of the women's elite race now

• Advertisement

Jesus I thought those Scott sunglasses looked bad on the Yates brothers... But they look awful on Van Vleuten as well :pac:

Van der Breggan appears to have this in the bag

She monstered it, the gaps in this race are huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

I'm loving the Van der Breggen vs Van Vleuten frenemy narrative over the last couple of years. If this were men's racing, it'd be all Carlton could talk about.

All the racing to date has been pretty selective on this course, tomorrow could see a very small group going into the final couple of ascents of the circuit climb (Iglia), with the ride up hell to come in between the last time up Iglis and the finish. Alaphillippe and Valverde the 2 favourites at around 4/1, Ala marginally shorter, then we get into the Yates, Nibali, Kwiat, Poels, Moscon and co at around 12/1-14/1 then it edges out a bit to Pinot and Bardet at 22/1 and our Dan at 40/1. I wonder if Dan has done much training while back home waiting for the arrival of his Twins, its really a course that would suit him if he were in his best form!

Van Vleuten crashed after 96 km and ended up fracturing her tibia. She still managed to finish 7th though!!

https://twitter.com/AvVleuten/status/1046090205256708096

She didn't look right getting back on the bike after that crash but she was chatting to a team mate not long after sending her back to the car likely with that news and changing the game plan.

Inquitus wrote: »
    I wonder if Dan has done much training while back home waiting for the arrival of his Twins, its really a course that would suit him if he were in his best form!

Unfortunately I don't give him much of a chance due to the injury he sustained at the Tour, his poor form in the Vuelta, and the recent additions to his family (which obviously have to take priority) not giving him much time to train.

Nico is in poor form as well so I think it will be a bad day for the men in green :(

It'd be great though if Conor Dunne managed to get in a breakaway and have some TV time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

What's with the Eurosport listing on Virgin? No sign of the RR until the highlights at 17:30. I want to set it up to record but nothign to record!

• Advertisement

Diarmuid wrote: »
    What's with the Eurosport listing on Virgin? No sign of the RR until the highlights at 17:30. I want to set it up to record but nothign to record!

Yup they are not showing it live on their 1 and 2 channels. Only on the Player.

BBC are showing it all on the Red Button (but obviously no good to Virgin Media customers). Live coverage on BBC2 later on today

Advertisement