Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RR World Champs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Thanks. I did find it on the player. I guess I'll be checking on demand later on the player

• Registered Users Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Half the Irish team in a breakaway up the road with a 12 minutes advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Half the Irish team in a breakaway up the road with a 12 minutes advantage.

I'm happy that Dunne managed to get into the main breakaway. Mullen was really p*ssed off after the ITT so I suppose he feels like he wants to put in a good performance today.

Since both Mullen & Dunne are there, I'm guessing it's a sign that Dan doesn't feel up to it today otherwise he would have surely wanted their support in the peloton.

I'm happy that Dunne managed to get into the main breakaway. Mullen was really p*ssed off after the ITT so I suppose he feels like he wants to put in a good performance today.

Since both Mullen & Dunne are there, I'm guessing it's a sign that Dan doesn't feel up to it today otherwise he would have surely wanted their support in the peloton.

I'm oresumin

Not sure about that. They're gonna be **** all use to him after the first ascent of the hill, I reckon. No harm them being ahead of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Interesting video with Thomas Rohregger....Logic says it cant be Sagans day, but he makes a case that the climb might be taken slowly enough that the 28%! will be manageable. It could be chaos up there with fans lining an already narrow road.

The earlier climb up Igls is 8k @ 7/8% and shouldnt trouble Sagan, so maybe he can be there in the end.

That said having seen some training clips of Alaphillipe, I'd bet on him winning (if I bet, which I dont)

4681m of climbing today, btw. Apparently in the WCRR in 1980, in Sallanches, France, which Bernard Hinault won alone had over 6,000 metres of climbing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uICwW4wSnXI

• Advertisement

does anyone know what time the race will roughly finish? would like to catch the last 1/2 hour or so.

thanks.

The commented earlier when Sagan went back to the cars how much leaner he looks. Still don't think he has any chance today.

glasso wrote: »
    does anyone know what time the race will roughly finish? would like to catch the last 1/2 hour or so.

thanks.

Will probably be finished by 4/4.30pm

Anyone know what bike Conor Dunne is riding? I haven't been able to get a good look. I presume it has more than one chainring :pac:

Will probably be finished by 4/4.30pm

cheers. will probably be the last time I use my 2 euro subscription to eurosport player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Where's Carlton today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Anyone know what bike Conor Dunne is riding? I haven't been able to get a good look. I presume it has more than one chainring :pac:

https://twitter.com/conordunnealot/status/1045947400337182721?s=19

It has 3T branding, but his girlfriend said on twitter he wouldn't be caught dead on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    It has 3T branding, but his girlfriend said on twitter he wouldn't be caught dead on one!

It's not a (known/recognisable) 3T frame, but it's the same bike as he was riding with Aqua Blue only with a new paint job, as far as I can make out - lines, etc. seem basically the same (except the bit missing from the seat tube to accommodate the front mech). All the finishing kit is obviously 3T, but he's probably not in a position (not having a team, essentially) to be too selective or go go and buy a bunch of new hardware.

cython wrote: »
    It's not a (known/recognisable) 3T frame, but it's the same bike as he was riding with Aqua Blue only with a new paint job, as far as I can make out - lines, etc. seem basically the same (except the bit missing from the seat tube to accommodate the front mech). All the finishing kit is obviously 3T, but he's probably not in a position (not having a team, essentially) to be too selective or go go and buy a bunch of new hardware.

Yeah it definitely seems to be a 3T frame anway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I think he's been riding a custom bike all year (and last perhaps) its not a Strada like the rest of the lads were on, his own mold

neris wrote: »
    Where's Carlton today?

Not sure...

Carlton tweeted a while ago that he's commentating with Brian Smith. So does that mean that they are commentating just for the highlights show later on? Why not have them on the live feed on the Eurosport Player then? :confused:

https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1046340185766731776

Two feeds on the player , Kirby and Smith on one with small breaks.

Two feeds on the player , Kirby and Smith on one with small breaks.

Ah thanks for that Enfilade.
    I will admit that I prefer Kirby & Smith than Anthony McCrossan & Rob Hayles.

Why do Eurosport have two feeds??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Breakaway's time gap shrinking. Was approx 17 minutes when live coverage on European Eurosport started on 10:50, now 13ish minutes.

• Advertisement

Disaster for Warren Barguil. Takes an eternity to get a new bike after a mechanical and then slides off the bike at a corner when going back through the cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Why do Eurosport have two feeds??
    Separate HD channel? Not sure.
    Anyway, folk in the UK are losing their sh*t because the BBC player have stopped showing the cycling for the past hour and its another hour until BBC TV start showing the race.
    BBC must have the UK terrestrial rights for the weekend races with Eurosport having the digital rights.

The pace has been upped significantly in the peloton.

Nico down near the back though

Unregistered Users

Gap down below 10 minutes, Sagan still in the peloton - I wonder how long until top teams drop him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mullen exploded. Fair play for todays effort

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Now dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

godtabh wrote:
    No dunne

Is Dinner done?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

joujoujou wrote: »
    Gap down below 10 minutes, Sagan still in the peloton - I wonder how long until top teams drop him.

Now, it seems

Unregistered Users

Didn't take long. Sagan dropped. BTW, after crash, Barguil retired.

• Advertisement

Nico still at the back of the peloton

Advertisement