Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 8/12 internal bell not sounding

Options
  • 11-09-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I recently replaced the external bell on my HKC 8/12 alarm system. I had some trouble with it initially but discovered I had wired the power lines wrong. I rewired and the external bell is now working, however the internal bell is not sounding at all and I am getting a "Int.Fuse flt Panel" fault on the user log.
    I figured I must have blown a fuse but all five fuses on the panel are OK when tested with a meter (is there a sixth hidden fuse somewhere??).

Any ideas what could be going wrong? I don't have the original manual that came with the panel so have reached a dead end at the moment.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you sure all the fuses are OK?
    How did you test them?
    Are you getting 12vdc between Int Bell + & Aux -?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 0neill

Thanks for the response KoolKid.

To answer your question - I tested them for continuity by placing the multimeter at either end and measuring the resistance.
    Before I posted the original question I had tested them while they were still in the Panel.

However, when I saw your question I decided to remove them one by one and test them individually just to make sure. Sure enough, when I tested them outside of the Panel I found one had blown. So yes it was a fuse in the end, I just hadn't tested them properly!

All's working now - thanks again.

Advertisement