Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Frederick St protest and reaction

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Just when I thought the mob in this country couldn't be any disgusting or scummy , I read the comments on this post on facebook . Shocking is not the word. Sub human filth is what a lot of them are.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=640482769684979&id=100011697856453

Wow,I usually have something to say but I'm actually just shocked, I'd love if we could removed the cover of Facebook and have these people in a town hall and the guards family there and see if they still spout the cowardly sh!te they are peddling there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Yeah yeah yeah.
    There's something wrong when someone is allowed to go through his entire life without doing even one day's work. Something seriously wrong.

Who's tjat? We are near full employment. Were at it 10 yeas ago as well. The person who doesn't work their whole life is a myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

20Cent wrote: »
    Who's tjat? We are near full employment. Were at it 10 yeas ago as well. The person who doesn't work their whole life is a myth.

Ill just leave this here.

https://www.facebook.com/100007227857780/videos/2153182491599325/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I know loads of them and I bet you do too. Lazy gits.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You do understand the term "full employment", don't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Medical cards are means tested for everyone.

No, they are not.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/cards-schemes/medical-card/how-to-apply/medical-cards-national-assessment-guidelines.pdf

Read Section 4.6 of the medical card guidelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Phoebas wrote: »
    They're fine with property tax as long as the vast majority of people don't have to pay it?

Sounds like the same ol' 'let someone else pay' guff.

Young FG must have the students reciting Enda Kenny soundbites again. :D

john4321 wrote: »

Oh, Dear. Only got a one room place after all that! No wonder she’s annoyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Look i understand and am sympathetic to her plite but there has to be a point where you go "ye know what? My kids come first" she's been offered places in the country, nice places,with good schools, she could move her family there and settle and be happy, put their needs first.

She's playing the squeaky wheel gets the oil only she isn't happy with the oil and this is only instilling views in her kids that if you moan and give out enough you'll get what you want

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Highest disability claimed in Europe.

Considering our population that’s strange isn’t it??

blanch152 wrote: »

“Medical cards are given to people with low incomes and to some people who qualify on other grounds. It entitles you to a range of health services free of charge. These include GP (family doctor) services, certain prescribed drugs, and public hospital services. PMedical cards are given to people with low incomes and to some people who qualify on other grounds. It entitles you to a range of health services free of charge. These include GP (family doctor) services, certain prescribed drugs, and public hospital services. People aged over 70 can apply for a medical card that has higher income limits than apply to people aged under 70. See Page 9. http://www.citizensinformationboard.ie/downloads/guides/Guide_to_entitlements_for_over_sixties_2018.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Voluntary contribution is just that-voluntary! No need to pay it at all.

Jut make sure that you have a large wad put aside to pay the same teachers for grinds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Rapidly becoming the poster girl for the serial unemployed self entitled numbers in this country who feel everyone else owes them a free pass on life. The media are enabling them to come out from under their rocks and feel that their life’s choices should be accepted as mainstream and normal.

She had a string of kids with no plan on how she would care or provide for them, why not follow the father/fathers for their care. But no, they somehow found something louder than her own mouth and stuck her outside the dail to insist she is entitled to more free stuff, and none of that second rate free stuff - she’s entitled to the best of everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

_Brian wrote: »
    Rapidly becoming the poster girl for the serial unemployed self entitled numbers in this country who feel everyone else owes them a free pass on life. The media are enabling them to come out from under their rocks and feel that their life’s choices should be accepted as mainstream and normal.

She had a string of kids with no plan on how she would care or provide for them, why not follow the father/fathers for their care. But no, they somehow found something louder than her own mouth and stuck her outside the dail to insist she is entitled to more free stuff, and none of that second rate free stuff - she’s entitled to the best of everything.

Don’t worry too much Brian, Middle Ireland has seen through these gamers and won’t give them a free ticket for life whilst struggling to pay for everything themselves.

Won’t happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

dav3 wrote: »

I can only give you one piece of advice. If you try to refer to Fine Gael as left-wing in Ireland, nobody will take you seriously. They certainly don't refer to themselves as left-wing and you'd be hard pushed to find any that refer to themselves as liberals .

Fine Gael would be center left. you then have the extreme left lunatics like PBP and those. Labour would be left.

to say however we have right wing politics in this country, is bizzare. we dont, we probably never will as we are one of the most politically correct countries in the world now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What about the Garda who was racially abused?

The true nature always comes out of this type when they get riled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Should every one who takes home 65,000/year and under be given a free house, or just her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Don’t worry too much Brian, Middle Ireland has seen through these gamers and won’t give them a free ticket for life whilst struggling to pay for everything themselves.

Won’t happen.
    It already has. Think they'll just toss all these loafers on the street?

It's too late.

Everyone for themselves!

Abandon ship!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

More nonsense.
    Harris wants the taxpayer to pay for abortions regardless of how rich the woman is.
    But you can join the waiting list for an M.R.I. etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Won’t happen.

But it is happening. Workers are paying more taxes now than they did 10 years ago despite having suffered cuts that have not been reversed.
    The upcoming budget will not offer any respite either if the rumours are true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Some (but not all) of those people who are currently sleeping in doorways on Grafton Street at night did have a roof and four walls to sleep under. Their own behaviour brought them to where they are.
    And (in so far as it is true) you are in a position to pass judgement on them for which reason?
    There was one well-documented case of someone who ended up on the streets despite inheriting two houses. Simplistic statements like yours don't help.
    Seems to me that your own post is rather simplistic - or maybe you feel somehow morally superior to those who sleep in doorways for whatever reasons?

A little empathy for those in poor situations - for whatever reasons - would go a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

deirdremf wrote: »
    And (in so far as it is true) you are in a position to pass judgement on them for which reason?

Seems to me that your own post is rather simplistic - or maybe you feel somehow morally superior to those who sleep in doorways for whatever reasons?

A little empathy for those in poor situations - for whatever reasons - would go a long way.

Empathy for someone who has seven kids and no means of support other than 65k taxpayers money is quite hard to muster, in fairness.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

But it is happening. Workers are paying more taxes now than they did 10 years ago despite having suffered cuts that have not been reversed.
    The upcoming budget will not offer any respite either if the rumours are true.
    ...and yet we still borrow billions each year to keep our national lifestyle going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Should every one who takes home 65,000/year and under be given a free house, or just her?

I think when she gets her forever home (thanks Ms Fleming for that phrase) she won't be too concerned about everyone else.

She was very quick to switch the content of here FB page from showing how she was spending tax payers money to the government are doing nothing. I might be wrong but do wonder is she being coached in social media after the publicity stunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Empathy for someone who has seven kids and no means of support other than 65k taxpayers money is quite hard to muster, in fairness.
    It certainly is when you lack empathy for starters.
    Have you never wondered what it is like to be a woman in a section of society where your life choices are very limited, and you are expected to get married at a very young age and bear children.

Don't come over all high and mighty about this, as this was also the lot of many women from well-off middle class families just a generation or two ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

It certainly is when you lack empathy for starters.
    Have you never wondered what it is like to be a woman in a section of society where your life choices are very limited, and you are expected to get married at a very young age and bear children.

Don't come over all high and mighty about this, as this was also the lot of many women from well-off middle class families just a generation or two ago.

Any chance you could have some empathy for the poor sods like me who paying for her lifestyle choices?
    Time to put an absolute cap on the amount of money and or free services any person or family can get from the state.
    No family should get more in goods/services/ money from the taxpayer than the average industrial wage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

DChancer wrote: »
    Any chance you could have some empathy for the poor sods like me who paying for her lifestyle choices?
    Time to put an absolute cap on the amount of money and or free services any person or family can get from the state.
    No family should get more in goods/services/ money from the taxpayer than the average industrial wage!

How much tax a week do you pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

BBFAN wrote: »

Too much!
    But between Tax PRSI and USC I pay a 5 figure sum each year, of course I have to pay for my own home, Health Cover and everything else as well as paying for scroungers who think they have a born entitlement to everything for free!:mad::mad:

DChancer wrote: »
    Too much!
    But between Tax PRSI and USC I pay a 5 figure sum each year, of course I have to pay for my own home, Health Cover and everything else as well as paying for scroungers who think they have a born entitlement to everything for free!:mad::mad:

So you're not paying for someone else's lifestyle then as some claim here that it cost 50-60k a year. I'm sure you're certainly not paying that much.

Not to mention what you get back from the system.

People are unbelievably arrogant or ill informed if they for a minute think that all the tax you paid is going to pay scroungers.

I'm not denying there are scroungers, I'm just saying it's not what the majority of your taxes are going on so you need to get some perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Between my fiance and I, nearly 2 grand. And what do we get for it? 3 fifths of sweet **** all.

And that doesn't include what we contribute through VAT as well.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:
    Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Between my fiance and I, nearly 2 grand. And what do we get for it? 3 fifths of sweet **** all.

A week? Yeah right. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

So you're not paying for someone else's lifestyle then as some claim here that it cost 50-60k a year. I'm sure you're certainly not paying that much.

Not to mention what you get back from the system.

People are unbelievably arrogant or ill informed if they for a minute think that all the tax you paid is going to pay scroungers.

I'm not denying there are scroungers, I'm just saying it's not what the majority of your taxes are going on so you need to get some perspective.

Worth taking you off ignore to reply to that absolute guff.

Last year the difference between my take home pay and gross salary was E9,400.

I received zero from the State. Nada, nothing, not a f**king cent.

You may not know what you are talking about - that is clear.

Others do.

Worth taking you off ignore to reply to that absolute guff.

Last year the difference between my take home pay and gross salary was E9,400.

I received zero from the State. Nada, nothing, not a f**king cent.

You may not know what you are talking about - that is clear.

Others do.

I think it's best for your blood pressure if you leave me on ignore love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Why is that so unbelievable and worthy of an eye roll?

I think it's best for your blood pressure if you leave me on ignore love.

I think it's best you don't try to ever claim again that your responses are intellectual.

Why is that so unbelievable and worthy of an eye roll?

Because I'm not an idiot and know how much gross you'd need to be earning to pay anything like 2k a week. It's approximately 225k a year.

The eyeroll is because it's either a blatant lie or you are earning that type of money between you. If you are you've very little to worry about in life and really have no right to be ranting.

I think it's best you don't try to ever claim again that your responses are intellectual.

When have I ever claimed to be an intellectual? Are you just afraid of coherent sentences?

“Medical cards are given to people with low incomes and to some people who qualify on other grounds. It entitles you to a range of health services free of charge. These include GP (family doctor) services, certain prescribed drugs, and public hospital services. PMedical cards are given to people with low incomes and to some people who qualify on other grounds. It entitles you to a range of health services free of charge. These include GP (family doctor) services, certain prescribed drugs, and public hospital services. People aged over 70 can apply for a medical card that has higher income limits than apply to people aged under 70. See Page 9. http://www.citizensinformationboard.ie/downloads/guides/Guide_to_entitlements_for_over_sixties_2018.pdf

That is just the citizens information website.

When you go into the detailed criteria, and examine the small print, anyone can get a medical card, if the HSE wants to give it to them.

I am sorry, but there are cases of people who are homeless having been evicted several times for criminal behaviour including damage and assault.

Do I have much sympathy for them? No.

You can only help an alcoholic if they want to help themselves. For quite a few of the homeless, they fall into the same category that you cannot help them unless they take the first few steps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Because I'm not an idiot and know how much gross you'd need to be earning to pay anything like 2k a week. It's approximately 225k a year.

The eyeroll is because it's either a blatant lie or you are earning that type of money between you. If you are you've very little to worry about in life and really have no right to be ranting.

Between 2 people. And half of what we earn goes to the State. Yes we're comfortable but we work hard for that. And what do we get back? Yet there are people in this country who think that what I give to the State should be given to them while they're contributing nothing.

Between 2 people. And half of what we earn goes to the State. Yes we're comfortable but we work hard for that. And what do we get back? Yet there are people in this country who think that what I give to the State should be given to them while they're contributing nothing.

Yeah heaven forbid we actually get on in life with no help eh ?

Good on you both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

How many women from well off middle class families were having 6 kids and totally supported by the state?

Just curious what the 65k is based on?

My back-of -the envelope calculation would be that having 7 kids as a single parent generates total social welfare support (including child benefit) of €33,600.

Anyone who's ever had children would be daunted by trying to raise 2 of them on that income, let alone 7!

If you want to get rich, the most foolish thing you can do is be unemployed and have children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Just curious what the 65k is based on?

My back-of -the envelope calculation would be that having 7 kids as a single parent generates total social welfare support (including child benefit) of €33,600.

Anyone who's ever had children would be daunted by trying to raise 2 of them on that income, let alone 7!

If you want to get rich, the most foolish thing you can do is be unemployed and have children.

I wouldnt mind disposable income of €33600 a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭blackwhite

If a couple are working to earn €225k pa between them, and but have over €100k of that taken for them to fund people who don’t work, then they most certainly have every right to complain about how badly it is being spent.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt mind disposable income of €33600 a year

Have seven kids, so!

There's a very good reason why most people don't have large families anymore - whether they're on welfare or not. And it has nothing to do with social responsibility, it's because they don't want to live in poverty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Have seven kids, so!

There's a very good reason why most people don't have large families anymore - whether they're on welfare or not. And it has nothing to do with social responsibility, it's because they don't want to live in poverty!

So buying shoes for €300 is living in poverty ?

Having €33,000 disposable income is poverty ?

Having medical fees paid for is poverty ?

Where can i sign up and become poor ?

€33,000 might sound fine and dandy, but you keep ignoring the bit about raising seven kids on that income.

Everyone who has young kids gets their GP fees paid, until those children reach the age of six, regardless of household income, so that's not particularly relevant.

I have no interest in or knowledge about Margaret Cash's shoes, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭blackwhite

€33,000 might sound fine and dandy, but you keep ignoring the bit about raising seven kids on that income.

Everyone who has young kids gets their GP fees paid, until those children reach the age of six, regardless of household income, so that's not particularly relevant.

I have no interest in or knowledge about Margaret Cash's shoes, tbh.

Only if you accept that €33k is correct - despite it being considerably lower than any estimate made earlier in the thread.

Single parents is 198 plus 31.80 per child.
    That’s €21,871 pa on its own.
    Jobseekers is €193 - so another €10,036 pa.
    Child benefit is €140 per month - another €11,760.

That’s before looking at any other possible “entitlements” that she might be claiming.

You’re already downplaying by a min. €10k how much she’s getting.

Thats €43k a year tax-free, plus the expectation that all housing costs will be paid by the state as well.

No childcare costs either because she doesn’t want have to work to provide that €43k.

No wonder she can afford all the sessions with her buddies.

Try Pavee Point or Ms E Fleming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement