Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Galway Gender Neutral Toilets ...

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

how do owls pee? - is it sitting down or standing up? ... its got me wondering now! - damn you! :)

Don't birds just have one hole so bird guano is both wee and poo mixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Go in there and let rip with the manliest fart at the urinal, if there is one.

See how long they decide this is worth it.

a nice dirty hot chilli curry will do it :) - with all the splattering around the pan and a disabled person having to use it after that should decide if its worth it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

how do owls pee? - is it sitting down or standing up? ... its got me wondering now! - damn you! :)

Owls do not pee!!!!

https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/do-birds-urinate/

Deffo the oddest thing I have EVER Googled!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Owls do not pee!!!!

So what about sexual reproduction for birds then ?

Do they just rub arses or what ?

Owls do not pee!!!!

well thats one thing I have learnt then today that I didnt know yesterday ...

I must bring that up next time at a dinner party

• Advertisement

Sorry, why is that ironic, now?

Of the three Abrahamic religions, it is Islam which has traditionally been the most culturally friendly towards transgender people. For God's sake, even the Ayatollahs in Iran sanctioned gender reassignment surgery for their people back in the 1980s, long before such a thing was even public knowledge in this country!

RCSI in Dublin, which is heavily funded by Islamic governments, has transgender toilets. And nobody there bats an eyelid.

Not every religion is as obsessed with pissing-off transgender people as the Christian far-right.

old on a mo ... transgenders and gender neutral are 2 different species arent they? - I mean I am not up on this but gender neutral means they dont identify as a man or woman or the other 56 varieties but they still have their original bits dont they? ... where trans genders have had their bits cut off or bits added innit?

old on a mo ... transgenders and gender neutral are 2 different species arent they?
    No, gender neutral bathrooms just mean that they are there for the convenience of transgender people, or any other gender, regardless of gender.

I'm not aware of any gender-neutral identifying orientation.
    where trans genders have had their bits cut off or bits added innit?
    No, you can be a transgender person without having had any surgery at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

well thats one thing I have learnt then today that I didnt know yesterday ...

I must bring that up next time at a dinner party

I know I will be

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

So what about sexual reproduction for birds then ?

Do they just rub arses or what ?
    Almost, the vast majority of them rub their cloacae, holes that serves as both a receptacle for sperm and an exit for eggs and waste products.

However, a small number of birds, including ducks, including the very common Mallard, actually have penises, and in one case an extremely large one, the Argentinian Lake Duck whose penis is 16" long.

Alun wrote: »
    Almost, the vast majority of them rub their cloacae, holes that serves as both a receptacle for sperm and an exit for eggs and waste products.

However, a small number of birds, including ducks, including the very common Mallard, actually have penises, and in one case an extremely large one, the Argentinian Lake Duck whose penis is 16" long.

wow - I always thought i bared some resemble to an Argentinian Lake Duck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Of the three Abrahamic religions, it is Islam which has traditionally been the most culturally friendly towards transgender people. For God's sake, even the Ayatollahs in Iran sanctioned gender reassignment surgery for their people back in the 1980s, long before such a thing was even public knowledge in this country!

RCSI in Dublin, which is heavily funded by Islamic governments, has transgender toilets. And nobody there bats an eyelid.

Not every religion is as obsessed with pissing-off transgender people as the Christian far-right.

Ah now, hold your horses buddy. I genuinely couldn't give a fiddlers that they're Muslim prayer rooms or what their particular function is - it's just ironic that there are two separate sex (binary) 'function' rooms directly facing a newly built non-binary Jack's. It's the location that tickles me, that's all.

so if there is anything I have learnt out of the sign anyway is that a half dressed woman (or a woman with half a dress) represents a gender neutral non binary transgender ... (i think)

461202.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

Galway is our Brighton.

Galway is our Brighton.

used to be known for Spanish sailors back in the day ...

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

used to be known for Spanish sailors back in the day ...

Known for Liberal posers now.

I'm even doubting myself now that they are toilets because the student union are calling them changing rooms, the sign says rest-rooms and there is no mention of toilets ... so are they toilets or restrooms or changing rooms or what? -

https://twitter.com/NUIGSU/status/1039116920161755136

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm even doubting myself now that they are toilets because the student union are calling them changing rooms, the sign says rest-rooms and there is no mention of toilets ... so are they toilets or restrooms or changing rooms or what? -

https://twitter.com/NUIGSU/status/1039116920161755136

I used one today, cause I could.

Previously, they were the disabled toilets. So, it's a single cubicle, decent sized. Toilet in one corner, shower in the other corner. Also a baby changing thing. It's basically one big wet room. Technically, you could change in there, but given that there's a huge changing room in the sports centre, why bother?

PS. The changing room is one huge room with individual stalls (lockable). There are also male / female 'team style' changing rooms which mainly schools / groups use.

Think it's time to move on and talk about the sh1te Galway weather.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I used one today, cause I could.

Previously, they were the disabled toilets. So, it's a single cubicle, decent sized. Toilet in one corner, shower in the other corner. Also a baby changing thing. It's basically one big wet room. Technically, you could change in there, but given that there's a huge changing room in the sports centre, why bother?

PS. The changing room is one huge room with individual stalls (lockable). There are also male / female 'team style' changing rooms which mainly schools / groups use.

Think it's time to move on and talk about the sh1te Galway weather.

thanks.

i think its time to move on about the Shíte Galway weather ... the whest always gets wind and rain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yes, Iran, where gender reassignment surgery is the solution for homosexuality. Yep, so friendly and progressive!

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29832690

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

old on a mo ... transgenders and gender neutral are 2 different species arent they? - I mean I am not up on this but gender neutral means they dont identify as a man or woman or the other 56 varieties but they still have their original bits dont they? ... where trans genders have had their bits cut off or bits added innit?

Nope, a trans person can have all their original bits. Gender neutral is where you don't distinguish between gender. Gender fluid is where a person switches between two or more genders, so they can be Bob on a Wednesday and Barbara on a Thursday. Outside of that you have non-binary, which is where they are neither male nor female. Management is going to be an absolute head melt in ten years time at this rate.

• Advertisement

Berserker wrote: »
    Nope, a trans person can have all their original bits. Gender neutral is where you don't distinguish between gender. Gender fluid is where a person switches between two or more genders, so they can be Bob on a Wednesday and Barbara on a Thursday. Outside of that you have non-binary, which is where they are neither male nor female. Management is going to be an absolute head melt in ten years time at this rate.

oh no, how are children going to get their heads around this in years to come - its going to be really complicated to them isnt it? ... or maybe not, I dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

oh no, how are children going to get their heads around this in years to come - its going to be really complicated to them isnt it? ... or maybe not, I dunno

The children will just grow up knowing nothing else. It's those who us who are not used to it that are going to find it strange. As I said above, I was amazed by the amount of variations in the briefing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

so if there is anything I have learnt out of the sign anyway is that a half dressed woman (or a woman with half a dress) represents a gender neutral non binary transgender ... (i think)

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Berserker wrote: »

What is a gay/lesbian gender fluid called?

aidoh wrote: »
    Ah now, hold your horses buddy. I genuinely couldn't give a fiddlers that they're Muslim prayer rooms or what their particular function is - it's just ironic that there are two separate sex (binary) 'function' rooms directly facing a newly built non-binary Jack's. It's the location that tickles me, that's all.
    Sorry, I misread you post! :o

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yes, Iran, where gender reassignment surgery is the solution for homosexuality. Yep, so friendly and progressive!
    Like I said, their attitude to homosexuality is a whole other kettle of fish.

Transgender and homosexuality are obviously two very different issues, they're not related (unless one is some mad cleric)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Jimmy. wrote: »
    What is a gay/lesbian gender fluid called?

I had to ask this but apparently "genderqueer".

Beats the f**k out of me!

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

I had to ask this but apparently "genderqueer".

Beats the f**k out of me!

That’s assault, no genderqueer should be allowed get away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

The toilets in the Botany building in Trinity have been gender neutral since it was opened in 1907.

Although to be fair, that's because women weren't allowed to work there until relatively recently.

It was a bit weird but you get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

if I'm gonna hear someone scuttering up the cubicle next to me I want it to be a man damn it!

Advertisement