Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Bailey #3c - Any leads?

Options
  • 11-09-2018 10:18pm

I'm on the lookout for a Bailey #3 with a corrugated sole. In particular I want a Made in England version and preferably something that hasn't been restored or refurbished by someone else, as I want to do that myself to match it to the rest of the planes in a set. Seems to be a lot of butchers with belt sanders and rattle cans of varnish 'restoring' planes, but that's not at all what I want.

I have suitable wooden tote and knob if they're in bad condition and I'd consider something needing a replacement blade and cap iron, but otherwise it should be complete, no pitting/chipping on the sole/sides and nothing broken or cracked with the castings. Light surface rust is okay, but only if it's cosmetic and the plane is sound. No box necessary, although I'll consider anything if it's reasonably priced and the right item to meet my requirements.

Maybe ye'd keep my in mind if you spot something that looks decent? Thanks fellas.

Comments

Found one. Had to buy a pair of Stanley #10 rebate planes and yet another bloody #5 to get it as part of a package, but job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

What did that set you back?

woodturner wrote: »
    What did that set you back?

€120 including postage from Holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

That's a good haul

We'll see when they get here. The 10's both look rough, but there's probably the makings of 1 good plane in them, the 5 is a G12-005, which is destined to become a doorstop as soon as it gets here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement