Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage cash back

Options
  • 11-09-2018 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I set up mortgage saver account with BOI in March and have been saving there since then. I have also been approved and issued letter of offer for mortgage from BOI. In letter of offer the 2 per cent cash back followed by 1 per cent in 5 years is mentioned.

However as I have mortgage saver account do I also qualify for first time buyer mortgage saver bonus of 2000. I am first time buyer, account is over 6 months and have been saving over min amount monthly. Also does 5000 euro have to be in account on draw down to qualify for this or just 5000 saved as money is required for deposit paying tiler etc.

I have asked my advisor numerous times and he avoids question. Could someone please shed some light on this for me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi line_of_fire,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Once you've met the criteria for the cash back and the mortgage saver bonus then you will receive both of them.
    These are two separate policies, they wont cancel each other out.
    The 5000 does not have to be in the account on drawdown.

We're sorry that you found it difficult to get an answer.

If you have any other queries please let us know.

Best of luck with the move!

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Hi line_of_fire,

Once you've met the criteria for the cash back and the mortgage saver bonus then you will receive both of them.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hey guys. Another quick question. I have just drawn down my mortgage. Do I need to do anythingor is the 2000 bonus automatically put into mortgage saver account. Also will I be notified of this as my current account is not with BOI so I don't have online access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi line_of_fire,

Thanks,

Lorna

Hey guys. Another quick question. I have just drawn down my mortgage. Do I need to do anythingor is the 2000 bonus automatically put into mortgage saver account. Also will I be notified of this as my current account is not with BOI so I don't have online access

Thanks for getting back to us here.
    There would be nothing further that you'll need to do in relation to the bonus. It will be but in top the account automatically. There wouldn't be any notification process however once this amount does come into your account. Thanks for the feedback in relation to this and I'll certainly pass this on to the relevant team.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Thanks for getting back to us here.
    There would be nothing further that you'll need to do in relation to the bonus. It will be but in top the account automatically. There wouldn't be any notification process however once this amount does come into your account. Thanks for the feedback in relation to this and I'll certainly pass this on to the relevant team.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

I got an email this morning notifiying me that money was put in! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

That's brilliant line_of_fire, thank you for getting back to us!

Lorna

• Advertisement
Advertisement