Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene II - The Unmaker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash shrugs.

'Of course, friend. You've already aided me when I most needed it. You are free, and your conscience can be clear.'

He gestures to the gate of Ursulion.

'My path lies through that gate yonder. You're welcome to join me. But... the others may go a different route. If you need to abide by your oath...

You should probably return to them and wait for what they decide to do.'
    "My thanks friend. I truly hope we do not find ourselves on opposed sides in the future."

Iuric heads back to Karinth. "Greetings Karinth, I have been instructed to aid you and Retula against Ursula. Whatever you need of me say it and it will be done."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Oh, hello miss. Usurla right?. Wow, this is exciting. First a planer singer and now a wouldbe god offering me godhood."
    Mags takes a hold of JoePaz.
    "...and you both want me to conduct. Hummm, decisions, decisions.
    What if I don't conduct? I mean what will happen to each of you if I just let the status remain quo?"
    "The choice is yours Mags" the voice of Fourion Prime responds.

"I suppose without you will simply have to see which plane is stronger and hopefully some may intervene...I brought you here only to ask for help, I cannot make you"

Ursula speaks slowly.

"On my plane you will be a god Mags, maybe I'll make you god of music"

The plane responds.

"I can't promise you that power Mags, but you mentioned the status quo. I am the status quo, I am the natural plane, hers is a pathetic attempt to maintain immortality.

I can't make you a god, but I can offer you the concert of a lifetime"

Evade wrote: »
    "My thanks friend. I truly hope we do not find ourselves on opposed sides in the future."

Iuric heads back to Karinth. "Greetings Karinth, I have been instructed to aid you and Retula against Ursula. Whatever you need of me say it and it will be done."
    Karinth turns his head back to the portal.

"I myself wait for Retula, I feel this centers on her, though I suspect I have some part. I am bound by hell-forged chains and fate-haunted circumstance"

Fourier wrote: »
    Karinth turns his head back to the portal.

"I myself wait for Retula, I feel this centers on her, though I suspect I have some part. I am bound by hell-forged chains and fate-haunted circumstance"
    "Then we wait" Iuric sits on the ground, takes out some rations and rests for a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Turning to Stoupy he silently mouths "RUN!"
    Mags takes out the phial containing the rainbow potion and quaffs it.

Mags sets Steerpike on the edge of the hole, nods to it and says "You know what to do bud, the mother****ing concert of a lifetime!"

He opens-up the music with a C perfect 7th, Joepaz's favourite, and lets it ring out as he casts Bane on Ursula.
    He recalls the music from the treasure room, letting it fill his head and his hands follow order on the frets and strings, the music flowing out.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Turning to Stoupy he silently mouths "RUN!"
    Mags takes out the phial containing the rainbow potion and quaffs it.

Mags sets Steerpike on the edge of the hole, nods to it and says "You know what to do bud, the mother****ing concert of a lifetime!"

He opens-up the music with a C perfect 7th, Joepaz's favourite, and lets it ring out as he casts Bane on Ursula.
    He recalls the music from the treasure room, letting it fill his head and his hands follow order on the frets and strings, the music flowing out.
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Ursula screams as Steerpike drops into the hole.

Fourion Prime itself opens a gateway to Ursula's realm and Steerpike drops in swelling in size, mouth open with raw hunger, heading straight for Ursula's plane.

The planar music rings out through Mags, across all the lands, oceans, dungeons and adjacent planes the pumping music of Mags and Joepaz echoes. This enhancement on the bane shunts Ursula back to her new plane.

The plane itself speaks across its existence.

"MY INHABITANTS, PLEASE LEND YOUR VOICE AND BEAT TO MAGS, SO THAT WE MAY LIVE.

JOIN US IN WOODSHOCK!!"

OOC: Check CHAR(Performance) ten times

Karinth smiles and pats Retula on the back as she steps through.

"Let us see where this goes..."

He puts his head into the portal offering his hand.

"...Sarric my friend?"

OOC: All the rolls. 26,23,8,18,23,21,13,26,17,11
    EDIT: 4 re-rolls* swaps out 8,11,13 for 21,23,25
    *Essence of Retula

OOC: All the rolls. 26,23,8,18,23,21,13,26,17,11
    EDIT: 4 re-rolls* swaps out 8,11,13 for 21,23,25
    *Essence of Retula
    Mags conducts the music almost without flaw, the plane swells in strength and begins to regain some of the energy Ursula has stolen.

Across the hills and planes, any with the talent begin to bang on drums, tambourines, play flutes and strum guitars, any bard trained or untrained tries to assists.

All the crowds he has met on his journies, those he has told of the festival rush to convince others of the import of the song they now hear. The Guild of Osinzir gets the whole nation to join in, the emperor himself ordering the lunar vessels to magnify Mags's song into space.

Even the snake, now bound to his fate, gives a little rattle, defiant of Ursula.

OOC: The plane is saved for now, Mags paused until the epilogue

Mags is particularly proud of the contribution of 'Carlton Crayfish and the Clickers' to the ensemble.
    OOC: Also, thanks for the Daft Punk. Very apt. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Karinth smiles and pats Retula on the back as she steps through.

"Let us see where this goes..."

"To ****. And you know it."

Retula sulks, watching Vrakrash and Ser Boros doing their high-flying buffoonery.

OOC : And if she's there for an hour waiting for Sarric, let's call it a Rest. 1 Hr 11 minutes? She ran Find Familiar too :D

And way to go, Mags!

Deep within the Temple lake near Zassan, Carlton leads the others in a chorus of synchronised clicks.

"Our saviour needs us brothers! Click with all you have"

feIp1W.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He doesn't have to look long for through the largest portal in the entire array he sees some rocks floating in space with gas currently forming into a sun.

The gateway itself seems to be made from bone of some sort. A plaque at the base labels it "Ursulion".

A pen magically inscribes details of the world onto paper that then vanishes. Catching a look it seems to detail various properties, only two of the seven hells have been installed, it lacks a Ethereal Plane as of now. Only 40% of the pantheon which will be subservient to Ursula have been grown.

Within the image Vrakrash can make out two figures chained to a rock.

Vrakrash rises after speaking with Iuric and watching him safely cross the gap again. He turns to Ser Boros.

'You can also go back to Sarric, if you wish. Never let it be said I didn't offer.'

He nods to Ser Boros and doesn't wait for a response, simply walks towards the portal to Ursulion and steps through.

Vrakrash rises after speaking with Iuric and watching him safely cross the gap again. He turns to Ser Boros.

'You can also go back to Sarric, if you wish. Never let it be said I didn't offer.'

He nods to Ser Boros and doesn't wait for a response, simply walks towards the portal to Ursulion and steps through.
    Just before he does he hears a familiar voice.

"Well, well, my quarry. Mammy dearest paid me a lot of coin and magic to stop you getting this far..."

Decloaking in front of the portal and blocking Vrakrash's way, Flagg himself appears.

He brandishes a pair of six-shooters, drawing them on Vrakrash and Ser Boros.

Whatever unfathomable crustacean magics lurk within the song, they also revive Twitchy the mouse on the lake shore who does a jig upon revival.
    OOC: Didn't I bury Twitchy in the graveyard in the village south of Carnea?

OOC: Didn't I bury Twitchy in the graveyard in the village south of Carnea?
    OOC: Edited

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just before he does he hears a familiar voice.

"Well, well, my quarry. Mammy dearest paid me a lot of coin and magic to stop you getting this far..."

Decloaking in front of the portal and blocking Vrakrash's way, Flagg himself appears.

He brandishes a pair of six-shooters, drawing them on Vrakrash and Ser Boros.

Vrakrash turns, drawing his weapons as he does so.

'FLAGGGG! Your death comes at my hands!'

Ignoring the six shooters he charges, eyes blazing and nostrils flared, smoke billowing from his mouth:

Dragonborn_Fighter.jpg?fit=525%2C552&ssl=1

"Then we wait" Iuric sits on the ground, takes out some rations and rests for a bit
    With Retula through Karinth places his hand to keep it open for Sarric.

"Paladin, I see your armour is back to normal. Change of heart?"

With Retula through Karinth places his hand to keep it open for Sarric.

"Paladin, I see your armour is back to normal. Change of heart?"
    "In a manner of speaking. It is more a reminder of the faith others have in me when I lose faith in myself or as the wise warrior poet Kamina of Jeeha once put it 'If you don't believe in yourself [...] believe in the me that believes in you'"

"In a manner of speaking. It is more a reminder of the faith others have in me when I lose faith in myself or as the wise warrior poet Kamina of Jeeha once put it 'If you don't believe in yourself [...] believe in the me that believes in you'"
    Karinth muses over the quote.

"I think I understand...just in case you need it in whatever lies in front of us..."

He presents Iuric with a carving of Mesharum made from bone.

"I made it from one of the Iuric corpses below"

• Advertisement

Karinth muses over the quote.

"I think I understand...just in case you need it in whatever lies in front of us..."

He presents Iuric with a carving of Mesharum made from bone.

"I made it from one of the Iuric corpses below"
    "Thank you" Iuric looks at the idol and it reminds him of the pocket dimension and how he never got the chance to make a wood craving of that statue he examined. "Did any of the other Iurics have a similar idol with them?"

"Thank you" Iuric looks at the idol and it reminds him of the pocket dimension and how he never got the chance to make a wood craving of that statue he examined. "Did any of the other Iurics have a similar idol with them?"
    "No, though most had moved against your god as you had"

"No, though most had moved against your god as you had"
    "Then perhaps this is a sign I will not share their fate."

"Then perhaps this is a sign I will not share their fate."
    "Well, you've got past where most Iurics die, so you're already one of the better ones. I can sense your blade has had a power up. Well then Paladin of Maesharum, the Final Arbiter, I hope we both survive"

When all have finished their rest they see that the portal is closed.

OOC: To sync everybody consider Vrakrash and Ser Boros to have rested as well before pressing on to the portal platform

Vrakrash turns, drawing his weapons as he does so.

'FLAGGGG! Your death comes at my hands!'

Ignoring the six shooters he charges, eyes blazing and nostrils flared, smoke billowing from his mouth:
    OOC: Init

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

When all have finished their rest they see that the portal is closed.

OOC: To sync everybody consider Vrakrash and Ser Boros to have rested as well before pressing on to the portal platform

Retula stretches, gets her bearings, and has a sneaky look at Karinth's organ, wondering what it's for and does her limited vivimantic knowledge afford her the insight to see how she might use it for herself. She also sends Hetyaro for a quick reconnoitre.

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula stretches, gets her bearings, and has a sneaky look at Karinth's organ, wondering what it's for and does her limited vivimantic knowledge afford her the insight to see how she might use it for herself. She also sends Hetyaro for a quick reconnoitre.
    Hetyaro quickly reports that a strange figure is occluded near the gate with Vrakrash.

The organ looks as though it would be dangerous to implant in a body unprepared for it. Small prick tests of magic tell her it siphons large quantities of energy from the host when implanted.

Vrakrash blasts fire at Flagg's hands, he leaps as quick as he can, but the fire heats the guns to an almost intolerable temperature. He grits his teeth as Vrakrash swings at him. The axe and sword come down hard and he fires off two rapid shots to deflect them, unfortunately they still land, cutting at his tendons. This proves too much and he drops the pistols in pain. Enraged he punches Vrakrash, breaking his fist on the armour plating.

Vrakrash then swings at him with both weapons, seconds before impact he makes a quick set of hand gestures and the blades cut him, though to no effect.

"You got me kid, I've shunted the impact of those weapons of yers a minute into the future...but the end is coming"

• Advertisement

"Greetings Retula. By some strange twist of fate I have been instructed to aid you against Ursula."

Advertisement