Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene II - The Unmaker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Evade wrote: »
    "Greetings Retula. By some strange twist of fate I have been instructed to aid you against Ursula."

"I've seen how you aid your friends. Maybe you should try to help *her*, her bob could use a center parting. Save us a lot of trouble.

Anyway, how can you help me? You think a sword is going to stop her? Or prayer? She's the only god in here. Well... almost."

She fiddles nervously with her ring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Vrakrash blasts fire at Flagg's hands, he leaps as quick as he can, but the fire heats the guns to an almost intolerable temperature. He grits his teeth as Vrakrash swings at him. The axe and sword come down hard and he fires off two rapid shots to deflect them, unfortunately they still land, cutting at his tendons. This proves too much and he drops the pistols in pain. Enraged he punches Vrakrash, breaking his fist on the armour plating.

Vrakrash then swings at him with both weapons, seconds before impact he makes a quick set of hand gestures and the blades cut him, though to no effect.

"You got me kid, I've shunted the impact of those weapons of yers a minute into the future...but the end is coming"

Vrakrash stands nose to nose with Flagg.

'Your end is coming, you mean. As for me - it really doesn't matter once you are gone. If I survive, so be it - but I can rest easy, dead or alive - knowing it was me who finished you.'

He smirks.

'How does it feel, knowing that you let me live all those years ago, allowed me to escape - and don't lie, we both know the truth - only for you... to die doing the bidding of another...

You are, were and always have been nothing but a tinpot tyrant. Rolling over and having your belly tickled for ickle wickle Ursula, and my mother if she is somehow involved.

It almost makes me pity you. Almost. But then I remember what you did to my foster family. To my brothers and sisters you found and destroyed... and made me watch whilst you did so.

So this is not for me. This is for them, and if I am to die even five minutes after you - I can rest happy, knowing I took you down.'

Vrakrash turns his back on Flagg and walks towards the portal.

'Goodbye.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    You are, were and always have been nothing but a tinpot tyrant. Rolling over and having your belly tickled for ickle wickle Ursula, and my mother if she is somehow involved.

It almost makes me pity you. Almost. But then I remember what you did to my foster family. To my brothers and sisters you found and destroyed... and made me watch whilst you did so.
    "Motivation to get you here and to your brother little dragon, but this is as far as yer supposed to get..."

He rips open his shirt exposing some strange black seal that begins spewing ink (OOC: Evade may get the reference)...

OOC: STR(Athletics) check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Banjo wrote: »
    "I've seen how you aid your friends. Maybe you should try to help *her*, her bob could use a center parting. Save us a lot of trouble.

Anyway, how can you help me? You think a sword is going to stop her? Or prayer? She's the only god in here. Well... almost."

She fiddles nervously with her ring.
    "Friend may be a stretch. You are correct however, one who can channel the might of the god of justice will be of no use here. If you are confident you can accomplish the task alone I shall continue to rest here."

"Motivation to get you here and to your brother little dragon, but this is as far as yer supposed to get..."

He rips open his shirt exposing some strange black seal that begins spewing ink (OOC: Evade may get the reference)...

OOC: STR(Athletics) check

OOC: 13, in case you didn't see rolz :/

• Advertisement

"Friend may be a stretch. You are correct however, one who can channel the might of the god of justice will be of no use here. If you are confident you can accomplish the task alone I shall continue to rest here."

"Dude, I've already failed." She whines, waving her white potion, "I'm a ****ing soft drink now. What difference does it make any more. If I do things the same, I die. If I try to do things differently, that's exactly what I probably did last time, so I die."

She looks towards the sounds of gunshots.

"Vrakrash has the right idea. We should get busy dying."

OOC: 13, in case you didn't see rolz :/
    Flagg is engulfed by a black sphere that fires inky sphere about him. Ser Boros dodges out of the way, but one lands on Vrakrash, instantly weakening him. He drops his blade and axe and collapses. Black tendrils coursing up his body.

"Dude, I've already failed." She whines, waving her white potion, "I'm a ****ing soft drink now. What difference does it make any more. If I do things the same, I die. If I try to do things differently, that's exactly what I probably did last time, so I die."

She looks towards the sounds of gunshots.

"Vrakrash has the right idea. We should get busy dying."
    "This Ursula is a magic use I take it?" Iuric draws a potion "This should negate that edge, for me at least. I can hold her attention while you and Karinth do whatever it is you need to do."

OOC: It's the magic refelct potion.

"This Ursula is a magic use I take it?" Iuric draws a potion "This should negate that edge, for me at least. I can hold her attention while you and Karinth do whatever it is you need to do."

OOC: It's the magic refelct potion.

"Yeeeeeah....about that...... Ah you know what, never mind, that Manticore was full of ****."

"Yeeeeeah....about that...... Ah you know what, never mind, that Manticore was full of ****."
    "It may not work, we may have tried it already but it is that or wait here until whatever bad thing is going to happen happens."

• Advertisement

Flagg is engulfed by a black sphere that fires inky sphere about him. Ser Boros dodges out of the way, but one lands on Vrakrash, instantly weakening him. He drops his blade and axe and collapses. Black tendrils coursing up his body.

If still conscious, Vrakrash watches where Flagg exploded to see if anything is left of him.

If there is, he tries to fight the tendrils. If not, he looks at Ser Boros and smiles through the pain.

If still conscious, Vrakrash watches where Flagg exploded to see if anything is left of him.

If there is, he tries to fight the tendrils. If not, he looks at Ser Boros and smiles through the pain.
    All that remains of Flagg after the explosion is an inky mush.

Vrakrash smiles as much as the pain will allow him.

He first speaks to Ser Boros.

'F-F-friend... my quest is complete. Whatever lies next, you should aid Iuric and his vow. I think it will be important.

I...ugh... don't know what this is... but I...don't think this is good. Go to the others, take the rope from my pack lest you fall travelling back to them.

I...(coughs)... think this might be it for me.'

Then, he attempts to contact Retula.

**H-h-hey... Rettie.. you're gonna miss out on binding me... better hurry now... I don't think I'm going to last much longer**

OOC: Of course, if Vrakrash isn't actually dying this is going to be PRRRRETTTTY awkward in a few mins :pac:

The tendrils move up Vrakrash's body, rotting the flesh. As they reach his brain, he begins to convulse.

Ser Boros rushes forward.

"Dragon...your last words...so that I may tell others..."

**H-h-hey... Rettie.. you're gonna miss out on binding me... better hurry now... I don't think I'm going to last much longer**

OOC: Of course, if Vrakrash isn't actually dying this is going to be PRRRRETTTTY awkward in a few mins :pac:
    Retula takes wing.
    **Don't be dramatic, big V.**

The tendrils move up Vrakrash's body, rotting the flesh. As they reach his brain, he begins to convulse.

Ser Boros rushes forward.

"Dragon...your last words...so that I may tell others..."

'Push on.... Finish this... STAND....'

Vrakrash raises one scaled fist into the air.

Karinth races forward to Vrakrash.

"Dragon you were a good companion on our journeys"

He hugs Vrakrash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric turns to Karinth, "Where am I? Did the other Sarrics not make it up and out of the fortress? Well, if they are not here, I have to assume they did not. Maybe now that fortress can have some Sarrics, it was strange not seeing any Sarrics in there and everybody else being there."

Retula takes wing.
    As she lands the last corruptive tendrils drill into Vrakrash's skull, killing him.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric turns to Karinth, "Where am I? Did the other Sarrics not make it up and out of the fortress? Well, if they are not here, I have to assume they did not. Maybe now that fortress can have some Sarrics, it was strange not seeing any Sarrics in there and everybody else being there."
    Karinth shouts back.

"I've stored them in my shadow plane...want them?"

• Advertisement

As she lands the last corruptive tendrils drill into Vrakrash's skull, killing him.

If the psyker signal is gone, create bonfire on those tendrils.

Has she seen the tendrils before?

Iuric kneels over the body "Mesharum, I beseech you judge Vrakrash leniently"

Karinth shouts back.

"I've stored them in my shadow plane...want them?"

"Oh, leave them there, they may come in useful later."

Vrakrash's raised fist drops to the floor with a final shudder, useless now.

Sarric joins the others.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric joins the others.
    Karinth approaches Sarric.

"Next to you and me and Ser Boros, he truly was the best of us"

Vrakrash's raised fist drops to the floor with a final shudder, useless now.

Retula takes the genie ring off that fist, once the tendrils are gone.

What? Too soon?

Retula takes the genie ring off that fist, once the tendrils are gone.

What? Too soon?
    Karinth looks up as he loots Vrakrash.

"No Retula, needs must, who wants some rations? Iuric, axe?"

Opening his eyes again, Vrakrash looks up at Retula.

'Grave robbing, really Rettie? Take it, it's yours. I did TECHNICALLY die after all.'

OOC: Immortality potion, suckers :pac:

• Advertisement

"Kind words Karinth, he would have liked that."

Sarric scans the portals for anything familiar.

Advertisement