Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR Free tablet....false advertising?

• 11-09-2018 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We signed up to EIR in January when they were advertising their free tablet offer.  We had spent a few months asking when we would receive it but kept getting fobbed off.  Never received the tablet and I`m wondering has anyone received theirs?  If not, does this mean we can cancel our contract with them as they didn`t deliver on what they promised.  Surely you can`t tie people into a contract that you have falsely advertised?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The good news is that eir are getting rid of what has to have been the worst customer service team you could ever imagine and bring it back in house and operated by locally employed eir employees.

The bad news is it will be early 2019 before it is completed.

So the customer service experience should improve soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Benners wrote: »
    We signed up to EIR in January when they were advertising their free tablet offer.  We had spent a few months asking when we would receive it but kept getting fobbed off.  Never received the tablet and I`m wondering has anyone received theirs?  If not, does this mean we can cancel our contract with them as they didn`t deliver on what they promised.  Surely you can`t tie people into a contract that you have falsely advertised?
    Hi Benners, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you have still received your tablet, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement