Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Support is nothing short of a joke

• 11-09-2018 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Heads up, this is going to be a long rant because I'm absolutely fed up with Eir. If somebody from the Eir team could please reach out to me and provide a decent level of support  it would be greatly appreciated.

So, where do I even begin. We've been having so many problems with our internet lately just randomly dropping connection (for example today - Tuesday - it dropped a total of 23 times between 9:30am and 6pm for about 2 minutes at a time - I have the logs to prove it). I work in IT, so thank god I wasn't working from home today. 

We called Eir and they said our line was fine, so I said it must be an issue with the modem/router. 

I picked up another modem/router  (a decent one, not one of those terrible F2000  ones that Eir gives you - I haven't seen a single good word being said about the F2000's) but was having issues setting it up so opened a chat to get the correct modem settings to use. I was speaking to an engineer and then the chat session randomly expired. 

I opened up another chat, and asked to be transferred to the engineer I was working with, I was told to wait a few moments while they transferred me to the Technical department. The agent then disconnected and eventually the chat session ended. 

I decided to try again, guess what? The exact same scenario. They told me they would transfer me, then they left the chat and the chat session ended. 

I then decided to give up with Eir, and reached out to manufacturer of my new modem (since it wasn't picking up the DSL connection). They told me I'd have to reach out to my ISP to find out what type of connection I have (whether it was e.g. ADSL, VDSL, Bonded VDSL etc..) before they could assist. I got through to an eir agent again, who repeatedly told me I could find this information on my bill (which I don't believe you can) and after a bit of persuasion he agreed to transfer me to the technical department. 

You'll never guess what happened next? Yep, he left the chat and the chat session ended. 

I've never been so angry with a company in my life. Our internet has been practically unusable for the past couple of days and Eir are not being at all helpful. I've dealt with some pretty bad companies before, but this one really takes the cake. 

What really tops everything off is that Eir got rid of their community (rather than just making it read only and not allowing new posts) so when I was looking for answers on Google I was finding articles that would probably help but I couldn't access them. From a business standpoint, I don't see any logic behind this decision. I would imagine that the community would deflect a huge amount of cases opened via phone and chat. 

TLDR; I usually don't like complaining about companies on public forums like this, but Eir are nothing short of a joke (especially their Support team) and todays events have just pushed me over the edge. I opened at least 4 different chats and each time they said they would transfer me to the Technical Support team and then they disconnected and the chat session ended shortly after (I made sure to wait as I was hoping a technical support engineer would appear)

I've dealt with other ISP's in the past, and they all put Eir to shame when it comes to support. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

According to today's Irish Times, eir are to "insource" 950 call centre jobs. Hopefully this will improve things... https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-insource-950-jobs-after-it-ends-call-centre-contract-1.3625758

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

cianor_ wrote: »
    Heads up, this is going to be a long rant because I'm absolutely fed up with Eir. If somebody from the Eir team could please reach out to me and provide a decent level of support  it would be greatly appreciated.

So, where do I even begin. We've been having so many problems with our internet lately just randomly dropping connection (for example today - Tuesday - it dropped a total of 23 times between 9:30am and 6pm for about 2 minutes at a time - I have the logs to prove it). I work in IT, so thank god I wasn't working from home today. 

We called Eir and they said our line was fine, so I said it must be an issue with the modem/router. 

I picked up another modem/router  (a decent one, not one of those terrible F2000  ones that Eir gives you - I haven't seen a single good word being said about the F2000's) but was having issues setting it up so opened a chat to get the correct modem settings to use. I was speaking to an engineer and then the chat session randomly expired. 

I opened up another chat, and asked to be transferred to the engineer I was working with, I was told to wait a few moments while they transferred me to the Technical department. The agent then disconnected and eventually the chat session ended. 

I decided to try again, guess what? The exact same scenario. They told me they would transfer me, then they left the chat and the chat session ended. 

I then decided to give up with Eir, and reached out to manufacturer of my new modem (since it wasn't picking up the DSL connection). They told me I'd have to reach out to my ISP to find out what type of connection I have (whether it was e.g. ADSL, VDSL, Bonded VDSL etc..) before they could assist. I got through to an eir agent again, who repeatedly told me I could find this information on my bill (which I don't believe you can) and after a bit of persuasion he agreed to transfer me to the technical department. 

You'll never guess what happened next? Yep, he left the chat and the chat session ended. 

I've never been so angry with a company in my life. Our internet has been practically unusable for the past couple of days and Eir are not being at all helpful. I've dealt with some pretty bad companies before, but this one really takes the cake. 

What really tops everything off is that Eir got rid of their community (rather than just making it read only and not allowing new posts) so when I was looking for answers on Google I was finding articles that would probably help but I couldn't access them. From a business standpoint, I don't see any logic behind this decision. I would imagine that the community would deflect a huge amount of cases opened via phone and chat. 

TLDR; I usually don't like complaining about companies on public forums like this, but Eir are nothing short of a joke (especially their Support team) and todays events have just pushed me over the edge. I opened at least 4 different chats and each time they said they would transfer me to the Technical Support team and then they disconnected and the chat session ended shortly after (I made sure to wait as I was hoping a technical support engineer would appear)

I've dealt with other ISP's in the past, and they all put Eir to shame when it comes to support. 
    Hi 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with getting through to us, this is not the level of service we wish to provide. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and  I'll have a look into this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement