Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time do you go to bed and wake up?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Bed 11pm and up around 5.30am. About 3 coffees before half 10 to make me function proper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm on a varying shifts roster at the airport, but I typically go to bed 8 hours prior to when a shift starts. Can start at 3:00-7:00 or 11:00-14:00, working 8-12+ hours.

Otherwise I am a night owl.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Get in a good half an hour to 45 mins.

An hour at the weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

In bed for 1130pm and up for 7am but in reality I'm a mom and since having herself 5 years ago my brain won't let me go into proper deep REM sleep like before I had her, so I'm really only half sleeping, with one ear open. The only time I seem to be able to do deep sleep is on days my husband goes away for the day with herself and I can have a nap - really lovely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

In bed by 11 and up at 7:45
    Anyone thinking there a trooper for getting less than 7 hours sleep or don't need that much sleep is an idiot,
    In a world where everyone wants to be healthy with gyms ,diets and so on, sleep is the most under used and most important tool,
    Alzheimer's , cancer, the works all related to less than 7 hours sleep ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Why do so many people get up at before or at 6am? I would find that heartbreaking.
    Is it for work or pleasure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Asleep at about 10.30 most nights

Awake whenever my one year old fancies it, between 5.45 and 6.45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Bed 9.30-11.00 up at 5.30

Why do so many people get up at before or at 6am? I would find that heartbreaking.

Dairy farming up at 5.30 7 days a week, the joys of farming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

As much as i'd like to go to bed earlier, if i do go to bed at around 10:30-11, i'm usually awake about 4:30-5, and i'm fecked then at around 2-3pm that day and good for nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Usually go to bed between 1:30 and 2. Get up around 6:30, if the kids don't have me awake earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Usually around midnight and up like a light at half 6, even on days off work:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Bed 10-10:30 up at 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Dairy farming up at 5.30 7 days a week, the joys of farming.

After doing a stint of Dairy Farming I must say I have the ultimate respect for the demands of that job. Tough tough gig 365 24/7. The farm I was on had 2000 cattle with a 2am start.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Bed at 11, read for an hour and up at 7am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

Leo want's everyone up early in the morning . .go . .go . .go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Bed at 12.30, up at 7.30, I keep promising myself il go to bed at 11.30 but it never happens.. it's sometimes hard accepting the day is over

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    After doing a stint of Dairy Farming I must say I have the ultimate respect for the demands of that job. Tough tough gig 365 24/7. The farm I was on had 2000 cattle with a 2am start.

And when calving season comes round you can forget about 8 hours sleep.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Owl. wrote: »

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Pleasure for me. I go to sleep around 10-11 pm usually, wake up at 6am.

I meditate, skin care, play guitar, study French, and read all before I leave for work.
    Leave my house at 08:15 in work for 8:30 leave work at 16:30, go to the gym, and home for 18:30 and have nearly four hours to do whatever I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

snor wrote: »
    Very interesting. All of you who read up on Sleep and have a better knowledge than i have - what is the optimal Amount of sleep per night?
    I am usually in bed around midnight, fall straight asleep, week days I am up at 645, weeeknds 10-1030. I always have to set an alarm and seldom awake before it. Always wrecked. Bloods fine. Am I doing something wrong? Prob should try to get to bed earlier.
    Minimum 7 hours preferably 8. Try to stay away from phone/tablet for 2-3 hours before bed that's a big cause. It takes up to 3 hours for the brain to switch off the light from devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Owl. wrote: »

You should be up all night dude.

During the week usually go to bed between 12am and 1am, always browse the web for a while in bed too though would never be ready to sleep straight away. Get up between about 8:30 and 9:30 usually.

Weekends varies a lot, usually bed late at least one weekend night as I’d be out on the beer. Getting up on weeeknds would rarely be before 10am and could be much later depending on how late the night before was.

+1 on that. Even the thought of having to get up before 8am keeps me awake, so I very rarely do it. I find it very hard to see myself working a job that didn’t allow me start at 9 at the absolute earliest but preferably I like flexible where I can head in when I want within reason.

That being said I can understand people who have to be up early for work but people who get up ewrly by choice for things like the gym I just can’t understand, sleeping is way too valuable to be wasting for things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Kids dictate waking time in our house
    Bedtime, around now

Working from home, and with a baba in the house, so I get most of my work done after 8pm these days, go to bed around now, and hopefully lie-in in the morning (where a 7am wake-up call is considered being spoilt)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Pretty much the same as that lad Walberg, 6/7 days per week.
    Just getting the cryotank warmed up right now.

aTTka4j.jpg

I work 12 hour nights and days, so I've no routine whatsoever. Tonight I'll probably be awake until about 6 o clock..other days I'd be in bed at half 9..it's fairly bad..some weekends, after coming off nights, I honestly couldn't tell you whether id be up at 8 the following morning, or in bed until 4 in the afternoon..

Shur how would you be right..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cbreeze

six and a half hours no matter what time I turn in.
    at sea four hours on and four hours off, depending on watch system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

If i'm working days, then in bed by 11pm, hopefully an hour, maybe 2 of sleep if i'm lucky and up for 5:30 am to get to work, home by 8pm.

Working nights, then in bed about 8:30 am and up about 16:00. I sleep much better when i work nights. But I average about 3 hours sleep and always exhausted, The joys of insomnia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Pretty much the same as that lad Walberg, 6/7 days per week.
    Just getting the cryotank warmed up right now.

aTTka4j.jpg

One and a half hour shower and half an hour game of golf? Then family time when the kids are in school?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Usually in bed around midnight. Up at 6AM

Have a 1 year old who despises sleep apparently so usually awake at some time during the night as well

Weekends my wife and I take turns with him so sleep in till about 8 sat or sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I'd cry if I had to get up at 2.30 am like Wahlberg. And no amount of money could console me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'd cry if I had to get up at 2.30 am like Wahlberg. And no amount of money could console me.

That was just his schedule during his last movie role, still pretty crazy. But if I had his salary I wouldn't mind doing that for 6 or 7 months :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

jester77 wrote: »
    That was just his schedule during his last movie role, still pretty crazy. But if I had his salary I wouldn't mind doing that for 6 or 7 months :pac:

Ah ok. I thought that was his schedule all year round. Forget my last post - I'd deal with the horrors of 2.30 am starts for a few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

About 2 o'clock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Up at 7:15 and bed by 11. Almost always get at least 7 hours sleep so I'm usually pretty well rested in the mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I feel a lot better getting up at 6:30AM as opposed to going into work without going to the Gym.

Bed around 9:30-10:30 try sleep by 11 latest. Get up at 6:30. Food and go to the gym. Into work early get food and then start work at 10:00. I get home around 19:15 then. Food and chill out for an hour or two and rinse and repeat.

Advertisement