Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skiing near Zurich

• 12-09-2018 12:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

skiing near Zurich ? Anybody in the know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I would search on snowheads.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I live in Zurich,  Austria is not far if you want cheaper skiing than Switzerland as Switzerland can be very expensive for tourists.  In Austria I would recommend St Anton, I am sure you have heard of it, the great thing about there is the train arrives right into the town and there is direct train to St Anton from Zurich main station (Zurich Airport is about a 10/15 minutes train journey into Zurich Hauptbahn), the journey from Zurich HB to St Anton from memory takes about 2/2.5 hrs.  Alternatively, you can hire a car and its a similar length of journey by car.

In Switzerland, the closest bigger places to ski closer to Zurich for a tourist would be Flumersberg, Davos, Switzerland has a lot of smaller resorts which are great for locals who go skiing for a day but not for someone on a ski holiday
    Alot of the big well known Swiss resorts are centrally located or more south

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

try flumserberg

I went to Malbun once in Liechtenstein, nice little place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

j2ski lists resort by airport

Just re Anton the aer lingus flight times as I recall are super tight to get the last train in the evening

if doing that I believe its cheaper to book your ticket on austrian train site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

a148pro wrote: »
    j2ski lists resort by airport

Just re Anton the aer lingus flight times as I recall are super tight to get the last train in the evening

if doing that I believe its cheaper to book your ticket on austrian train site
    Swiss fly mid afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

kilns wrote: »
    Swiss fly mid afternoon

Yes but then you can't ski either transfer day. And, bizarrely, swiss seem to charge you 5 times the price if you only go one way?

Advertisement