Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Incompetence & misleading information

• 12-09-2018 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

After a ream of phone calls and having my service incorrectly cut off by your agent on the 17th August whilst I had paid for your service up until the 31st August I was glad to move away from Eir, being out of contract.

However on the 6th September I received a bill which included a charge of 100 Euro for 'ECC for eir Talk Mobile World'. I rang immediately and your agent agreed this was a mistake and instead of collecting €60.07 I was due a refund of €39.93 which he would pay by cheque. 

This morning I received a text saying the original bill issued on the 6th would be collected on or around the 17th. This would mean that you then are trying to collect money that I have proven was billed incorrectly and I understood was finalised by the agent when I called on the 6th.

I rang your 1901 number and the agent I spoke to insisted that rather than issue a cheque this further amount would be collect from me, leaving you owing me €100. You are attempting to collect a charge from me that is not due, your agent agreed and confirmed is not due and I'm advised if I don't want to pay it (why would I) then I need to talk to my bank.  

I've advised the Agent that I will ring COMREG and lodge a complaint. How can an agent on the 6th take details to issue a refund cheque and an agent on the 12th say that I have to pay an additional amount on or around the 17th. 

Is it a training issue or are you making it up as you go along.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

E30i wrote: »
    After a ream of phone calls and having my service incorrectly cut off by your agent on the 17th August whilst I had paid for your service up until the 31st August I was glad to move away from Eir, being out of contract.

However on the 6th September I received a bill which included a charge of 100 Euro for 'ECC for eir Talk Mobile World'. I rang immediately and your agent agreed this was a mistake and instead of collecting €60.07 I was due a refund of €39.93 which he would pay by cheque. 

This morning I received a text saying the original bill issued on the 6th would be collected on or around the 17th. This would mean that you then are trying to collect money that I have proven was billed incorrectly and I understood was finalised by the agent when I called on the 6th.

I rang your 1901 number and the agent I spoke to insisted that rather than issue a cheque this further amount would be collect from me, leaving you owing me €100. You are attempting to collect a charge from me that is not due, your agent agreed and confirmed is not due and I'm advised if I don't want to pay it (why would I) then I need to talk to my bank.  

I've advised the Agent that I will ring COMREG and lodge a complaint. How can an agent on the 6th take details to issue a refund cheque and an agent on the 12th say that I have to pay an additional amount on or around the 17th. 

Is it a training issue or are you making it up as you go along.

please just cancel your direct debit you can do this yourself if signed up for online banking. Then continue your conversation with eir. You will find that Eir become easier to deal with when you owe them money rather than the other way round.

Advertisement