Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosemount (Westmeath) 10k & Half Marathon - 13 Oct 2018

Options
  • 12-09-2018 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭

For anyone Midlands based there's a 10k and half marathon taking place from the village of Rosemount in Westmeath on Sat 13 October 2018.

Rosemount is less than 10 mins from Moate which is beside the M6 motorway.

It is chip timed, Athletics Ireland approved, finishers medal and tshirt. A few kms of both routes are along the Athlone/Mullingar greenway.

This is their website : http://rosemounthalfmarathon.ie/

Registration is with MyRunResults : https://www.myrunresults.com/events/rosemount_half_marathon__10k/2744/details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Ran this on Saturday morning.

An enjoyable and somewhat testing course with one nice incline around mile 6 I think.

Lots of parking available, a big spread in the hall after, showers, t-shirt, medal and lots of water enroute. Weather even was ok, a soft rain came down all way round but nothing major. All in all a very well run event for their first shot at it and thanks to the Tullamore Harriers pacers who got me home sub 1:40.

I'll be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Did the half marathon too. It was so well organised and a much bigger crowd than what I expected. A good few local runners took part which is great to see local support. But few people I had spoken to had travelled for the event which is also great to see.
    Yeah there was a fair climb between miles 6 and 7. Few other drags in a few spots. But it was an enjoyable course out in the countryside with plenty of marshals, water stops, bins, and music. Probably not a pb course but I got a pb nonetheless (I've not many half's under by belt). Great spread laid on afterwards in the hall and still a good crowd sticking around when a plodder like me came in.

Advertisement