Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cycling shoes

Options
  • 12-09-2018 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good quality pair of cycling shoes, mostly going to be used for summer long spins, events etc (not Winter)

Budget is 150 euro (approx). Leaning towards a pair of Fizik, wondering what are others thoughts...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

I've tried Fizik shoes on but didn't buy (no particualr reason). If you're buying online beware of sizing I'm normally a 45
    but found the 44 fitted me best for Fizik.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

circler wrote: »
    I've tried Fizik shoes on but didn't buy (no particualr reason). If you're buying online beware of sizing I'm normally a 45
    but found the 44 fitted me best for Fizik.

Same here - had Fizik R3 shoes that I had to send back for a smaller size. I also found that they had a very high and narrow arch, which did not work with my orthotics. Nice looking shoe, and light enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I was in the same boat as you OP.

I've spent the last week or so trying to decide on a new pair of shoes... looking up reviews, deciding on budget etc.. Last night I pulled the trigger and ordered Fizik R5Bs (possibly the same ones you are thinking of getting?).

They get great reviews and are on sale on a lot of online shops (Chain Reaction, Evans, Sigma Sports). I had to do a good bit of searching to find the size that I think I need. I haven't had Fizik shoes before so don't know if I've picked the right size or if I will like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I have the R5Bs and I love them. My Shimano shoes are 45 and a snug fit whereas the Fiziks are also a 45 but a little roomier. Very comfortable and light, with lots of reflective detail and the boa system is brilliant. I have the white and silver ones so they only come out on dry days! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

went from shimano to fizik a couple years back and found (as i have quite long feet size 12/13) that i couldnt get the cleats as far back as id like with the fiziks. Went to Brian Hammond and he confirmed that they didnt allow for the same amount vertical cleat movement. struggled on with them for a while before giving up and going back to shimano. worth nothing if you have long feet and like a lot of scope to move your cleats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Tried Shimano and Fizik and Lake and didn't like any of them. Settled on Diadora and now have 4 pairs of them, all perfect fit for my foot size/shape.

Advertisement