Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floors and tiles and carpet

Options
  • 12-09-2018 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi me and my wife are buying a new house in Drogheda and we need to buy floors and tiles and carpets for it, ie kitchen, bedrooms hall etc We would like to get the best we can so we can future proof the house. Can anyone suggest were we can get wooden floors and tiles that won't break the bank. Also would we be able get the shop to lay them or do we have to get our own tiler etc..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

andydurnin wrote: »
    Hi me and my wife are buying a new house and we need to buy floors and tiles and carpets for it, ie kitchen, bedrooms hall etc We would like to get the best we can so we can future proof the house. Can anyone suggest were we can get wooden floors and tiles that won't break the bank. Also would we be able get the shop to lay them or do we have to get our own tiler etc..?

We went with right price tiles for the laminate and porcelain tiles. You need to organise someone to lay them but they will recommend contractors. Also got Des Kelly for the carpets which they install. We went for quality floors as opposed to skimping on price. You may be able to get better prices elsewhere but we were happy with those and you generally get what you pay for.

Depends where you live and what stores are near you. But shop around and see what you like.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement