Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They won't close my Eir account.....ridiculous situation

• 12-09-2018 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Last July I rang to close my Eir phone and broadband account. I had found I never used my home phone anymore and wasnt too happy with the broadband. The call to cancel was recorded. I gave my account details, explained that I was closing my account. The rep asked some further questions. During the next few minutes of conversation, the line went down. 
    Satisfied that the important information and message was given, I left it at that.
    I get a bill a while later. Fair enough. However, it didnt mention that the account was closed.
    We rang again to remind them we had cancelled. The Eir rep told us we had to agree to terms and conditions before cancelling. What nonsense. We just want it cancelled. We don't want a new contract. They are allowing our bill to mount up in the meantime. Since then we've had another bill, double the original amount. The phone has not been even connected for many months. The broadband has not been used since the day we first called. We have been using another company since July. We've even tried to cancel Eir online. This is a most frustrating and ridiculous situation. I hope someone here can help!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Last July I rang to close my Eir phone and broadband account. I had found I never used my home phone anymore and wasnt too happy with the broadband. The call to cancel was recorded. I gave my account details, explained that I was closing my account. The rep asked some further questions. During the next few minutes of conversation, the line went down. 
    Satisfied that the important information and message was given, I left it at that.
    I get a bill a while later. Fair enough. However, it didnt mention that the account was closed.
    We rang again to remind them we had cancelled. The Eir rep told us we had to agree to terms and conditions before cancelling. What nonsense. We just want it cancelled. We don't want a new contract. They are allowing our bill to mount up in the meantime. Since then we've had another bill, double the original amount. The phone has not been even connected for many months. The broadband has not been used since the day we first called. We have been using another company since July. We've even tried to cancel Eir online. This is a most frustrating and ridiculous situation. I hope someone here can help!!!
    Hi loveroflight, 

I have responded to you on your other thread there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement