Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Know Somebody who left an establishment because somebody they disliked arrived

• 12-09-2018 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Say if they were in a restaurant or theatre and were seated down, and then saw their enemy come, or somebody like that.
    Does it really happen that often like on the soaps?
    Just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

enemy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

*opens thread*

grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Have we somehow been transplanted to Medieval times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I've definitely left places because an ex I wasn't over showed up, but never in a situation where I'd paid money for theatre tickets or food...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

lawred2 wrote: »
    enemy?

I don't have enemies. they're so pedestrian. I have nemesiseseses

(It's probably obvious that I don't know how to spell the plural of nemesis)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Grayson wrote: »
    I don't have enemies. they're so pedestrian. I have nemesiseseses

(It's probably obvious that I don't know how to spell the plural of nemesis)

*googles*

Nemeses!

New thing learned today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sh*t will get real

bdpea00feur7x1ezqlkr.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I went into a shop last week and I spotted someone I really didn't fancy talking to so I left and went to a different shop. Does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

How come you get pins and needles in your arms and legs but never in your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Odelay wrote: »
    How come you get pins and needles in your arms and legs but never in your head?

Usually happens after sleeping on your arm so try putting your head under your body and sleep on it tonight...let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

If I know in advance that I will be spending the evening at a restaurant or public house, I simply pack a full set of lady clothes, plus wig, that I can change into quickly should my nemesis appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

If I know in advance that I will be spending the evening at a restaurant or public house, I simply pack a full set of lady clothes, plus wig, that I can change into quickly should my nemesis appear.

There was a scene like that in Mrs Doubtfire with Robbie Williams great movie too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I lay on the floor in the aisle of a chemist once to avoid a family member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I've avoided going into places because I've seen people I've no interest in talking to being inside, if that counts.

I've left places where the other side might resort to violence.

It's been a long time but there was money involved and he was a psycho and had robbed me of my expertise. He threw me off a chair once and that was enough to let him do his thing.

Meh. It worked. I've been beaten badly enough to avoid it again at any cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I've convinced my ex to leave places before when I've seen an enemy (and she has plenty) of hers before she has otherwise I knew there'd be a scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

It's up there with telling people you have them on ignore or telling them they're 'following you around the site' in the histrionic flounce stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sh*t will get real

bdpea00feur7x1ezqlkr.gif

You posted a picture from a movie.

This sh*t isnt real.

Post some real sh*t

Advertisement