Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have my old VDSL line until end of cessation notice period?

Options
  • 12-09-2018 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am currently a customer of eir, in contract until 16th November 2018.

I signed up with an alternative ISP for FTTH and Phone on the 31st August. eir weren't shoing fibre as available to me at the time,still don't actually.

So, I served notice of cancellation on the 6th September, when my phone wa sported over, and I assumed that I would still have service from eir for the duration of the notice period, as I still wanted to use the VDSL service.

However, it seems that it has been cancelled, and I have received notice that I'll be charged an early cessation charge as I'm still in contract.

I fully accept that I'll be liable to pay up to the end of the contract, but I also believe that my service should still be live, at least until the end of the notice period. Isn;t that fair and reasonable?

Can someone please arrange for my VDSL line to be reactivated please?

I can provide my UAN and phone number by PM to any of the reps here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Bump, any chance of a response please?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Seriously bad support in here from eir reps.

What is this forum for, if not answering questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Hi AidenL,

I am not sure why Eir reps didn't respond to your query yet.

I'll be honest, your query is not a common one. I don't have enough knowledge to know the answer to it. Based on what you described it seems your alternative ISP cancelled your existing service on your behalf because you signed up to them. That's why you faced early cancellation charges.

I could be wrong, but it seems you can only have 1 ISP at your address. And if I were you, I would be afraid tampering with this any further.  If you ask Eir to restore service, there's a risk of Eir taking over again and then alternative ISP will send you a thousand euro bill as early cancellation.

Best option for you would be contacting your new ISP to port your old number before it is lost due to deactivation using the UAN number. By the way who is this your new ISP? I'm genuinely curious who was able to offer Fibre to you if Eir wasn't yet :)

-RobiePAX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What a mess! I'm fairly sure that's not how it should work.
    I switched the other way from Vodafone DSL to Eir FTTH.
    I just gave Eir my UAN and waited for all the FTTH problems to be sorted in my area(took 3 months)

I had uninterrupted vdsl from Vodafone until 1 hour after the FTTH install. So there was even some crossover of the two services which was nice. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

AidenL wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am currently a customer of eir, in contract until 16th November 2018.

I signed up with an alternative ISP for FTTH and Phone on the 31st August. eir weren't shoing fibre as available to me at the time,still don't actually.

So, I served notice of cancellation on the 6th September, when my phone wa sported over, and I assumed that I would still have service from eir for the duration of the notice period, as I still wanted to use the VDSL service.

However, it seems that it has been cancelled, and I have received notice that I'll be charged an early cessation charge as I'm still in contract.

I fully accept that I'll be liable to pay up to the end of the contract, but I also believe that my service should still be live, at least until the end of the notice period. Isn;t that fair and reasonable?

Can someone please arrange for my VDSL line to be reactivated please?

I can provide my UAN and phone number by PM to any of the reps here.
    Hi AidenL, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I'm afraid if the other service provider has taken over your service we would be unable to activate it again unless you move your service back on our network as a customer. 

Your service will only be active with us until the service has been taken over by the other company, unfortunately. You will be liable for the early cancellation fee's as you were still within contract. 

Your existing services should be active with the other company, if you are experiencing issues you will need to contact them directly. If you have no broadband service you would need to order with them.  

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement