Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant make/receive calls

Options
  • 12-09-2018 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

Hi, my wife had a missed call from an unknown number (+88.....) and since then she has not been able to make/receive calls ! She has rebooted the phone & re-inserted the SIM card also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tonybodhran

Hi, my wife had a missed call from an unknown number (+88.....) and since then she has not been able to make/receive calls ! She has rebooted the phone & re-inserted the SIM card also.

My calls in and out have been gone for 20 minutes....missed call from someone I know though just before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Yep, all mobile phones on our family account have stoped making or receiving calls since 14:00 approx today. No one answering chat requests on eir.ie

@eir, can you let us know if there’s a known issue affecting all mobiles? It would mean some of us would stop clogging up your support channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

meep wrote: »
    Yep, all mobile phones on our family account have stoped making or receiving calls since 14:00 approx today. No one answering chat requests on eir.ie

@eir, can you let us know if there’s a known issue affecting all mobiles? It would mean some of us would stop clogging up your support channels.
    Same here with 2 numbers on the same account but the Mrs also with eir is fine. Noticed it around 2.30 but could have gone a bit earlier. Last successful call was 12.37 today. No reply on chat. Incoming calls not going to voicemail either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Same here with 2 numbers on the same account but the Mrs also with eir is fine. Noticed it around 2.30 but could have gone a bit earlier. Last successful call was 12.37 today. No reply on chat. Incoming calls not going to voicemail either.

Happening with my mobile too called eir customer care and there is a message advising of a problem with making and receiving calls on their network

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Seems their voice services have fallen over. Data is working perfectly.
    Anyone tried WiFi calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

My phone just rang there now for the first time since 12. Rang my wife's number and got through but most numbers tried and voicemail not working still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Sometimes when these things come back up, they take a while for full capacity to be restored. 

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Nearly four hours later, I can't collect voicemail, can't send SMS, and can't make calls, as the network is basically saying emergency calls only.

An update from eir would be nice, it's clear that someone has well and truly lost the plot.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi All,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

We did update our eir support page yesterday providing continuous updates. This issue has now been resolved and if there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

https://www.eir.ie/support/

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi All,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

We did update our eir support page yesterday providing continuous updates. This issue has now been resolved and if there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

https://www.eir.ie/support/

Thanks,

Sarah
    Do you know what exactly caused the issue Sarah?

Advertisement