Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche - Stay at home policy

• 12-09-2018 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just wondering what the general policy is across the board in creches. I had to pick my toddler up this morning on request from his creche that he had a persistent high temperature. They told me he can't come in tomorrow as a result. Is this standard policy across all creches?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

It is in ours - and think about it from the POV of other parents, they don't want little Jimmy or Jane picking something up that's avoidable. If a kid is sick, they should be at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

BTW I know it can be a pain trying to find another minder! It's to the ultimate benefit and health of all kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

This is HSE thing imposed on Creches, while an inconvenience for the parent involved, it is to benefit of all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

48 hours in ours for vomiting or diahorrea. Not sure about temp but definitely 24 possibly 48 hours.
    Can i say as a a teacher i really wish schools had a similar policy. Limits the spread of sickness for other kids and staff. Awkward yes but very necessary in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

48hrs vomiting in our creche. Nothing for temperature if they feel they can't manage it themselves( with parental consent). I'm self employed, I don't know how 9 to 5ers cope if they have no support network.(we dont)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Our creche would do this if the temp didn't come down. Or they'd expect that the next day would include a doctor visit to find out what is going on. Depending on that their exclusion policy may or may not apply. If infectious, it would, if it was something like an ear ache or bad teething bout and the temperature was back to normal they wouldn't.

Seems to me that they have a fair idea why the child's temperature is staying high and believe it to be infectious so excluding based on that?

Advertisement