Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing from China

Options
  • 12-09-2018 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

I can't believe some of the prices I'm being quoted and the disparity. This would be small quantity stuff.
    Like for example; 150 x pairs of socks - $195 5-7 days Fedex.
    Does anyone think that sounds reasonable? If I decide to go down the Air freight route - who do people recommend? Does Rudolph still post?
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

I can't believe some of the prices I'm being quoted and the disparity. This would be small quantity stuff.
    Like for example; 150 x pairs of socks - $195 5-7 days Fedex.
    Does anyone think that sounds reasonable? If I decide to go down the Air freight route - who do people recommend? Does Rudolph still post?
    Any advice appreciated.

Good morning Chelseavera,

Happy to advise I still post ........ !

It is a bit difficult to confirm if the 5-7 FEDEX deal you mention is reasonable.
    If you could check the weight and dimensions of the box, together with the pick up location I can have a look and see what we can achieve.

In my experience, any shipment upto aprox 60/70 kgs in weight moves cheaper on a door to door basis with the courier companies. It also is my experience that the best courier deals are to be had in China. Once I have the details from you I will check it out.

Feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Thanks Rudolph. Sorry it's all a bit manic here. But I'll PM you at some point soon. I seem to be falling between stools here. Buying lightweight goods, yes - but in quantities that makes couriers prohibitively expensive. We're talking shoes, socks. Anyway, I'll drop you a message later (when I've stopped flailing about!)

Advertisement