Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sycamore Grove Glasnevin

Options
  • 12-09-2018 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

These are going on sale soon. I'm just wondering what the area is like? It has a Glasnevin address but it sure looks alot like Finglas. I'm not from the area, just looking for advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

fungie wrote: »
    These are going on sale soon. I'm just wondering what the area is like? It has a Glasnevin address but it sure looks alot like Finglas. I'm not from the area, just looking for advice.

Just looked - the crap estate agents get away with is really something in this day and age.

If you like the road it's on and like the house and the build quality and you feel the price is right by all means go for it but just because the estate agent bombards you with literature with "glasnevin, glasnevin, glasnevin" doesn't make it glasnevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Browney7 wrote: »
    Just looked - the crap estate agents get away with is really something in this day and age.

If you like the road it's on and like the house and the build quality and you feel the price is right by all means go for it but just because the estate agent bombards you with literature with "glasnevin, glasnevin, glasnevin" doesn't make it glasnevin.

I haven't actually spoken to an estate agent. I was just wondering was this in fact Glasnevin. From your response I suspect not.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭FunkyDa2

I grew up in Grove Park, Ballymun. To me, Sycamore Road was in Finglas...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I haven't actually spoken to an estate agent. I was just wondering was this in fact Glasnevin. From your response I suspect not.

It's Finglas and there's nothing wrong with that. Will people be fooled either way? - I suspect not.

I'd actually be embarrassed to say I live in Glasnevin if I lived there as people would think you'd a chip or a complex that you lived in Finglas!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OP, can you confirm the estate?
    Is his the new housing estate on Grove Road?

• Advertisement

Cheers, that’s the old Grove Road industrial Estate. I’m Finglas based and I’ve been on that site. I would have classed it as Glasnevin North my whole life.

Houses are not bad, reinforced concrete built. No nick work other than the outer skin finish.

No gardens, town house type of living with communial parking etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

kceire wrote: »
    Cheers, that’s the old Grove Road industrial Estate. I’m Finglas based and I’ve been on that site. I would have classed it as Glasnevin North my whole life.

Houses are not bad, reinforced concrete built. No nick work other than the outer skin finish.

No gardens, town house type of living with communial parking etc

What kind of reinforced concrete build, ICF?

I saw the original plans and was sure they all had individual back gardens, maybe when you were there the walls were not in?

Any idea of the pricing?

Casati wrote: »

I saw the original plans and was sure they all had individual back gardens, maybe when you were there the walls were not in?

Any idea of the pricing?

475,000 and 490,000

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Qwer

475,000 and 490,000

This area would have always been ballygall, most people would describe it as finglas east, its a nice area, but if you are buying it because of or feel you are paying a premium for a glasnevin address i would make sure your satisfied that it holds, i would also have a look at catchment area for schools, a glassnevin north address has been a running joke in thst part of north dublin for about 20 years. Its a lovekt area none the less, very mature settled easy for city centre, bono grew up around the corner which is another concern 😅😅😅

• Advertisement

Qwer wrote: »
    This area would have always been ballygall, most people would describe it as finglas east, its a nice area, but if you are buying it because of or feel you are paying a premium for a glasnevin address i would make sure your satisfied that it holds, i would also have a look at catchment area for schools, a glassnevin north address has been a running joke in thst part of north dublin for about 20 years. Its a lovekt area none the less, very mature settled easy for city centre, bono grew up around the corner which is another concern 😅😅😅

I don’t that that was ever Ballygal- you have to cross Glasnevin Ave to get to Ballygal.

It’s a grand area around there but not exactly prime, I lived there for many years and never had an hassle but like most sub urban areas you do have to be careful. All facilities on your downstep including schools, parks etc. having said that a lot of locals don’t go to the local Finglas schools and end up driving to Old Finglas Road/ Griffith Avenue Ext.

At 495k is not cheap either but you the houses are much larger than most neighbouring property and of course have the A3 rating. The site location is good too in that you have v limited overlooking.

Traffic heading into town in the morning is rough going, but the bus service is good, and you are well located to get on the M50, also Charlestown and Omni are about 10 mins away.

Concrete panels, poured and set on site, then lifted into place and formed together to create the shape and structure of the house.

All have private back gardens, I meant no front gardens and shared parking arrangements.
    Qwer wrote: »
    This area would have always been ballygall, most people would describe it as finglas east, its a nice area, but if you are buying it because of or feel you are paying a premium for a glasnevin address i would make sure your satisfied that it holds, i would also have a look at catchment area for schools, a glassnevin north address has been a running joke in thst part of north dublin for about 20 years. Its a lovekt area none the less, very mature settled easy for city centre, bono grew up around the corner which is another concern ������

Never Ballygall in my opinion, Ballygall is more Finglas East, the crescent, parade etc

Catchment for schools is good too in my experience.

Concrete panels, poured and set on site, then lifted into place and formed together to create the shape and structure of the house.

Very interesting, I haven’t seen that for anything other than industrial or farm buildings. Is it not very expensive? What size walls, 200mm? Is the insultation board then added to the outside or internal leaf?

Very interesting, I haven’t seen that for anything other than industrial or farm buildings. Is it not very expensive? What size walls, 200mm? Is the insultation board then added to the outside or internal leaf?

Yes its quite rare for housing development currently. The contractor had obviously done the sums and he's comfortable that he can control the process and time frames better by doing this method. Panels are approx. 150mm think.

Insulation is then fully filled in between the RC panels and the brick/block outer leaf.

Yes its quite rare for housing development currently. The contractor had obviously done the sums and he's comfortable that he can control the process and time frames better by doing this method. Panels are approx. 150mm think.

Insulation is then fully filled in between the RC panels and the brick/block outer leaf.

I seem to recall that these houses were constructed with prefabricated panels. And of course, the Ballymun flats were built with prefabricated sections.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4029555,-6.2118571,3a,75y,129.34h,86.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBUGxUfqgKfvGP-1DA3d6dw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

FunkyDa2 wrote: »
    I seem to recall that these houses were constructed with prefabricated panels. And of course, the Ballymun flats were built with prefabricated sections.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4029555,-6.2118571,3a,75y,129.34h,86.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBUGxUfqgKfvGP-1DA3d6dw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Fabricated on site, yes, which I confirmed in my posts.

What's the link to the Clonshaugh Road google map?

Thanks, looks v interesting, worth a thread in its own right talking about this build method for domestic houses

Fabricated on site, yes, which I confirmed in my posts.

What's the link to the Clonshaugh Road google map?

The link is to a view of the small bungalows, with the steeply pitched roofs, on Clonshaugh Rd.

FunkyDa2 wrote: »
    The link is to a view of the small bungalows, with the steeply pitched roofs, on Clonshaugh Rd.

Yes, I was just wondering about the connection / relevance to this thread?

Advertisement