Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin Pirates - American Football Team

• 12-09-2018 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everybody,

I am one of the coaches for the North Dublin Pirates, an American Football team based in Donaghmede Park. The team will be starting back training in October and we will be kicking training off with Rookie Month on the 21st October!

This month is open to anybody who is interested in the sport, all you need are football boots and water. We will give you a set of helmet and pads to practice in over this month so you can see if it’s something you are interested in long-term. There is no commitment and no cost for the rookie month, it’s there to see if you like it.

We have around 35 registered players and 3 fully trained coaches. I myself coach the Offensive/Defensive Lines and am fully accredited by the league. We have players from far and wide like Argentina, Australia, Croatia, Mexico and Spain, all the players are between the ages of 18 – 40 (there is no maximum age).

The season usually consists of 8 games with 2 playoff games if successful, all transport between games is covered so no need to worry about that. Even if playing does not interest you but being part of group who watches and discusses the games does please feel free to join up!

Please get in touch with me if you have any interest at all, I am open to answering any questions you may have (just drop me a private message). You can also look us up on Facebook and get in touch with the team directly.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen

Advertisement