Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 2 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

it'll be interesting to see how the Jags respond now.....do they stay aggressive?

Broncos not getting a lot of the 50/50 calls going their way. 3rd big catch that the officials haven't given. Granted, arguably all the correct decisions of course, but damn, we need something to go our way. At the very least they need to start getting a better push up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

As a bears fan this all looks eerily familiar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Oh Patterson you fooking donkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

According to nfl.com Vontae Davis of the bills retired at half time. I mean surely that's a first for a player to retire during a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭coco0981

Jags defense needs to step up again

Edit. And they do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

**** sake.

Why the hell is Grant not going down inbounds there, wind the clock as much as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I don’t think the Pats ever get caught offside in those situations. Waste of a timeout for the Jags. Their defense still bossing it.

I don’t think the Pats ever get caught offside in those situations. Waste of a timeout for the Jags. Their defense still bossing it.

That's good coaching. The Eagles player made a tit of himself late on where he jumped early.

• Advertisement

That was a very favourable spot for New England.

Do they ever change a spot when it gets challenged? Don't think I've ever seen refs change a spot in those situations

Wow, I stand corrected, never seen that happen before though

Do they ever change a spot when it gets challenged? Don't think I've ever seen refs change a spot in those situations

Yes the Jags seem to have won the challenge.

TD Jaguars. Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    TD Jaguars. Oh dear.

They deserved the win either way Pats have been awful. Jags defense just incredible

The lions vs Niners in a three point game with 2 minutes left. It looks like a decent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

49ers got away with one there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Implosion from the 9ers after being so far ahead

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Implosion from the 9ers after being so far ahead
    I blame a lack of discipline. A few laps should sort that out.

• Advertisement

phatkev wrote: »
    49ers got away with one there!

It was a hold though.

Game of two halves in Denver. How does a team whose QB goes 29/32 288 with 0 interceptions lose a game like that?
    I couldn't believe it when they decided to go for it on 4th down, up by 9 on the Denver 33 in the 4th Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Game of two halves in Denver. How does a team whose QB goes 29/32 288 with 0 interceptions lose a game like that?
    I couldn't believe it when they decided to go for it on 4th down, up by 9 on the Denver 33 in the 4th Q.

That missed extra point killed us in the end - at least we would have made it to OT with that on the board. The defence was out on its feet at the end - most likely the thinking was need a TD or we were not going to hold on.

Kev8360 wrote: »
    That missed extra point killed us in the end - at least we would have made it to OT with that on the board. The defence was out on its feet at the end - most likely the thinking was need a TD or we were not going to hold on.

Yeah, I mean a win is a win, but tbh I'd actually be slighly happier as a Raider fan regarding the performance in the game.

Coming into Mile High and pretty much bossing the game, only to lose on a missed XP and a last second FG. A huge improvement from their week 1 outing against the Rams.

Hopefully Denver can put a few things right, but the Chargers and Chiefs look the class of our division so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well that was woefully easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Even if you are petty enough to prerecord this you should probably have reconsidered posting given how close the game was when you were heavy favourites. Pretty funny all the same

https://twitter.com/MarquetteKing/status/1041488083772817408

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Yeah, I mean a win is a win, but tbh I'd actually be slighly happier as a Raider fan regarding the performance in the game.

Coming into Mile High and pretty much bossing the game, only to lose on a missed XP and a last second FG. A huge improvement from their week 1 outing against the Rams.

Hopefully Denver can put a few things right, but the Chargers and Chiefs look the class of our division so far.

The Broncos were woefully unprepared last night - and that is on Joseph. Gruden hasn't been in the game for 10 years yet he out-coached the Broncos staff throughout the game - if he hadn't made the daft 4th down attempt it is likely the Raiders would have won the game.

If the Broncos go into the games against the Ravens and Chiefs with the same level of preparation as they did against the Raiders they will be hammered in both.

The way it is looking I suspect Joseph will be gone sooner rather than later.

Watching the Giants game from last night, Eli looks like he's got nothing left. Ok the O-line was terrible but all he seemed to do was check it down to Barkley every 2nd pass play. Very early days but passing on Darnold looks like a big mistake

coco0981 wrote: »
    Watching the Giants game from last night, Eli looks like he's got nothing left. Ok the O-line was terrible but all he seemed to do was check it down to Barkley every 2nd pass play. Very early days but passing on Darnold looks like a big mistake

Yeah I was watching that game last night while doing other stuff and it kind of felt like every time I looked up he was being sacked or tackled, That takes its toll too. It all looked very defeated or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Didn't take long. Carlson cut, Bailey signed in Minnesota.

Gonzalez also cut in Cleveland, they've signed some guy I've never heard of who did a try out first.

Advertisement