Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange out of bundle charges

Options
  • 12-09-2018 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello,

I just changed over to the Eir network today and after downloading the Eir app on my phone to monitor my usage, I see that 61 cent has been used up in out of bundle charges to an international phone number 00447786205094 for 4 15c charges.

Could you shed light on this and put a stop to it please as I won't be long running up a big bill if this continues?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hello,

I just changed over to the Eir network today and after downloading the Eir app on my phone to monitor my usage, I see that 61 cent has been used up in out of bundle charges to an international phone number 00447786205094 for 4 15c charges.

Could you shed light on this and put a stop to it please as I won't be long running up a big bill if this continues?

Thanks.
    Hi yeahscience,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you advise if you're using an iPhone as these charges could be due to imessage activation?

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yeahscience

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks.
    Hi yeahscience,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you advise if you're using an iPhone as these charges could be due to imessage activation?

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, I am using an iPhone. Four messages were charged for so I can't understand how that would happen four times feasibly.

Could you please DM me to explain why this has happened / advise me on how to resolve this and prevent it from happening again?

Thanks very much   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/eir-and-vodafone-admit-charging-customers-for-free-facetime-and-imessage-access-on-iphones-36148538.html

That article is a year old so I don't know if the issue can be resolved yet but for now it would be best not to use imessage or facetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hello,

Thanks.
    Hi yeahscience,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, I am using an iPhone. Four messages were charged for so I can't understand how that would happen four times feasibly.

Could you please DM me to explain why this has happened / advise me on how to resolve this and prevent it from happening again?

Thanks very much   
    No problem, I'm afraid Sarah is not in today. 

Can you confirm if you agreed to opt-in for this service? If you have you should have only been charged once, if this is the case feel free to PM me your mobile number, PIN, full address and name on the account and I'll have a look into this for you.  

If you have deactivated and reactivated the service you can be charged multi times.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yeahscience

I've PMed you Tracey, thanks.
    Hello,

Thanks.
    Hi yeahscience,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks very much   

Can you confirm if you agreed to opt-in for this service? If you have you should have only been charged once, if this is the case feel free to PM me your mobile number, PIN, full address and name on the account and I'll have a look into this for you.  

If you have deactivated and reactivated the service you can be charged multi times.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I've PMed you Tracey, thanks.
    Hello,

Thanks.
    Hi yeahscience,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks very much   

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks. 

I've responded to your PM.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement