Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options
  • 12-09-2018 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

So Apple officially released the Series 4 Watch. I'm planning on ordering the 44mm model this Friday. Looking forward to the upgrade from the S1. Anybody else picking one up on launch?

Full details of the S4 here: https://www.apple.com/ie/apple-watch-series-4/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I'll be doing the same I think, I have a gen 1 so it's about time for an update I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I got a Series 3 about 6 months ago. I really like the look of the Series 4. I think I’ll wait until Christmas and maybe pick it up then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

One small thing I would of liked is a bump in storage. I like to store a good selection of music on the watch so I can switch around depending on my mood but find the storage a bit lacking. I get fed up listening to the same few playlists and forgot to change them usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

One thing I have noticed is that they have removed a few of the straps from the selection, which is odd I think.

Kagawa wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed is that they have removed a few of the straps from the selection, which is odd I think.

Could be clearing some so they can announce new colours to match the Xr colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Yeh looking to buy my first apple watch. Price has put me off the 4 though. Apple care has gone up also for it.

Looking at the 3 now. How does it compare to the 4?

DubDJ wrote: »
    One small thing I would of liked is a bump in storage. I like to store a good selection of music on the watch so I can switch around depending on my mood but find the storage a bit lacking. I get fed up listening to the same few playlists and forgot to change them usually.

They have doubled the storage. just going through the specs now.
    https://www.apple.com/ie/watch/compare/

What do you call a knacker with a clock?
    A time traveller.

What's the first mention of a knacker in the bible?
    Hosanna in the Hiace.

Why is the George so popular?
    Since the smoking ban came in, it's one of the few places where you can enjoy a pint and a fag at the same time.

What's the difference between light and hard?
    You can sleep with a light on but you can't sleep with a hard on.

What's the difference between jam and marmalade?
    I can't marmalade my cock up an 18-year-old girl's arse, can I?

You alright there mate?

They have doubled the storage. just going through the specs now.
    https://www.apple.com/ie/watch/compare/
    That’s brilliant. Can’t believe they didn’t mention that on stage, seems like a very standard thing for them to push as an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What are the chances of getting the e sim version working here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

ted1 wrote: »
    What are the chances of getting the e sim version working here

none. No network here supports it.

How long has Apple been shipping the 5w power brick with the Apple Watch? I spotted it listed on the product page earlier for the S4 but I know my series 1 didn’t come with a plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Brera

dan786 wrote: »
    none. No network here supports it.

The e sim is now on the new IPhones and Vodafone are supporting it so fingers cross VF Ireland see the light and support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

How long has Apple been shipping the 5w power brick with the Apple Watch? I spotted it listed on the product page earlier for the S4 but I know my series 1 didn’t come with a plug.

I had all the series I bought the first one in the states and I was sure that came with a US plug my S3 has one still in the box.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Brera wrote: »
    The e sim is now on the new IPhones and Vodafone are supporting it so fingers cross VF Ireland see the light and support it.

No network in Ireland are currently even planning to implement this yet. This from a network engineer who will know in advance of it coming down the line. He told me before EE offered it and said not even the UK will have multiple carriers for some time (when EE launched).

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I'm still tempted to pick up an LTE model. I'd hope the keep the watch for at least 2-3 years so hopefully some network here would support it in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Yep, I’m gonna upgrade my series 1 to this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

100% am I getting one of these! Wanted the gold SS one, but when I saw the price...

Gonna go for a 44mm aluminium.

The health stuff is literally game changing, everyone should have one of these on their wrist, FDA approval as a medical device is a big deal, hopefully it won’t be too long before we get the ECG app.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Why can’t we get the stainless steel model on the Irish store?
    Or did I miss it.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Or did I miss it.

Somebody in the other thread said it was limited to the Cellular model and because that’s not available in Ireland we won’t get any version of stainless steel.

• Advertisement

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I had all the series I bought the first one in the states and I was sure that came with a US plug my S3 has one still in the box.
    Pretty sure they didn’t all come with one, sure the box my series 1 comes in wouldn’t even fit the plug inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Or did I miss it.

Buy through Uk site but its 849£ for 44mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is there any chance the cellular option will be available in Ireland this year?

What is the cause of the delay? Do Three, Vodafone, etc. not have the technology here or is it that they and Apple cannot reach some kind of agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Somebody in the other thread said it was

For the launch models I know Steel models and edition only came with a plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Is there any chance the cellular option will be available in Ireland this year?

What is the cause of the delay? Do Three, Vodafone, etc. not have the technology here or is it that they and Apple cannot reach some kind of agreement?

This came up last year also. Main reason is demand. Simply not worth it for a carrier to invest in this for a few thousand customers. However if other manufacturers hop on the eSim bandwagon, and of course they will as they all slavishly copy Apple, then there may be a demand which would make setting up such a network a runner.

Will the ecg work here or is that limited to the GSM model?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Will the ecg work here or is that limited to the GSM model?

There's no mention of the ECG app being available on any other apple website than the US one.

I really hope it does become available here, it's literally a game changer.

I'm sure they'll need medical board approval in every region, that's why it's not being launched in every country.

It will be available here sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

So Apple officially released the Series 4 Watch. I'm planning on ordering the 44mm model this Friday. Looking forward to the upgrade from the S1. Anybody else picking one up on launch?

Full details of the S4 here: https://www.apple.com/ie/apple-watch-series-4/

I have a S1 also and have been meaning to upgrade it. I think S4 is a well worthwhile update now and I will definitely be getting one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kagawa wrote: »

Apple watch bands are seasonal, they come and go.

If you like one you should snap it up as there's a good chance it won't be around by the time spring comes around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

eeloe wrote: »
    There's no mention of the ECG app being available on any other apple website than the US one.

I really hope it does become available here, it's literally a game changer.

I'm sure they'll need medical board approval in every region, that's why it's not being launched in every country.

It will be available here sooner rather than later.

I don’t share your optimism. Getting medical device approval seems like something that could take forever.

Advertisement