Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

kceire wrote: »
    You should have got a tracking number from Apple.

Go onto their website and track the order through that.

Kceire you don’t get a tracking number till the items merge, hence why I was asking if anyone else was waiting over 7 days for the items for the merge, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

martin_g wrote: »
    Hi Guys a question for you all, I ordered two items watch and spare band, my items shipped last Tuesday and where to merge in transit, but still no update for delivery, I am unable to track as no tracking number and am just wondering how long it took other people’s orders which shipped this way to deliver?

If you read earlier you'll see I had the same issue with delivery of a watch and earbuds.

All in all it took about a week.
    Got notification of shipping on the Tuesday but had no shipping info apart from being told they were being shipped form separate locations and will then merge. No further shipping information was available.
    Then on Friday I got notification that they shipment had merged and I could them track it form Tamworth UK to Cologne to delivery to me on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

murpho999 wrote: »
    If you read earlier you'll see I had the same issue with delivery of a watch and earbuds.

All in all it took about a week.
    Got notification of shipping on the Tuesday but had no shipping info apart from being told they were being shipped form separate locations and will then merge. No further shipping information was available.
    Then on Friday I got notification that they shipment had merged and I could them track it form Tamworth UK to Cologne to delivery to me on Monday.

No i did see this but i was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue, its been 7 days since shipping and no update to the orders progress i.e. merge in shipping in the UK but thanks Murpho999

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Do any stores in Dublin have the Apple Watch 4 in stock? I went in to CompuB a few times but the table upstairs where they used to display Apple watches is always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Do any stores in Dublin have the Apple Watch 4 in stock? I went in to CompuB a few times but the table upstairs where they used to display Apple watches is always empty.

According to the CompuB website they have a big selection of Apple Nike Series 4 in stock and smaller selection of the non-nike Series 4 also in stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Why does it take over 1 month to receive when ordering watch 4 from Apple official site?? Is it simple demand > supply?? Would a company as big as Apple not oversee this and have processes/stock in place in advance?? I can understand waiting 1 or 2 weeks but 5 seems to be a flaw in the company’s operating systems. Perhaps I should be new Apple CEO and fix this flaw.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Watch is bricked since trying to update to 5.1 :-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Watch is bricked since trying to update to 5.1 :-
    My watch has been stuck with the white Apple logo for over 12 hours now, was worried about screen burn-in on the OLED but read online if you hold the two buttons until the logo disappears a second time it powers down.

DubDJ wrote: »
    My watch has been stuck with the white Apple logo for over 12 hours now, was worried about screen burn-in on the OLED but read online if you hold the two buttons until the logo disappears a second time it powers down.

Yeah. Hold them both down. The first event is a force restart. Keep them pressed and it shuts down.

I’ll drop into iConnect today and see what they say

Yeah. Hold them both down. The first event is a force restart. Keep them pressed and it shuts down.

I’ll drop into iConnect today and see what they say
    From a previous visit with them with my X they can’t really do anything than send it back to Apple. And it seems like it could be longer as they explained some days the devices don’t get collected etc. Even official Apple stores don’t seem to be any help and are requiring them to be sent back to Apple.

• Advertisement

From a previous visit with them with my X they can’t really do anything than send it back to Apple. And it seems like it could be longer as they explained some days the devices don’t get collected etc. Even official Apple stores don’t seem to be any help and are requiring them to be sent back to Apple.

I was chatting to Apple this morning (Web Chat), my options were to get the mail in service or go to iConnect. I am in town today, so said I may as well see what they say. Normally id just use the Apple mail in service as its generally quicker and easier.

I was chatting to Apple this morning (Web Chat), my options were to get the mail in service or go to iConnect. I am in town today, so said I may as well see what they say. Normally id just use the Apple mail in service as its generally quicker and easier.
    Yeah I just got off web chat and arranged a mail-in service with them. They didn't really question it or try to diagnose the problem so they must be well aware of it at this point. I know last time I waited too long to contact support and ended up taking longer than expected with UPS adding two extra days delivering the box.

It seems to be limited to the Series 4 so anybody who downloaded the update I'd definitely cancel before installing. Apple have pulled it now so should be no problem for those who haven't.

Yeah I just got off web chat and arranged a mail-in service with them. They didn't really question it or try to diagnose the problem so they must be well aware of it at this point. I know last time I waited too long to contact support and ended up taking longer than expected with UPS adding two extra days delivering the box.

It seems to be limited to the Series 4 so anybody who downloaded the update I'd definitely cancel before installing. Apple have pulled it now so should be no problem for those who haven't.

I left mine with iConnect. Its going back to Apple also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I updated last night, no problem thank God!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm the same, took about 2 hours though but go through without any bricking.

Rub it in why don’t you :p

Hit and miss who it happened to. I wonder was there any common feature to those that were effected and those that were not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Rub it in why don’t you :p

Hit and miss who it happened to. I wonder was there any common feature to those that were effected and those that were not.

yeah, it is strange, it would be interesting if there was any common denominator. I see it took a long time for some people, mine only took about 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

never had an apple watch

using a fitbit for steps etc

but wouldn't mind having a watch that gives me more , and can be used in the swimming pool etc

would you recommend ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

never had an apple watch

but wouldn't mind having a watch that gives me more , and can be used in the swimming pool etc

would you recommend ??

I had a Fitbit for a couple of years and moved to an Apple Watch Series 3 last April and love it. I'd been on the fence about getting one for months, but I definitely made the right decision

BDJW wrote: »
    I had a Fitbit for a couple of years and moved to an Apple Watch Series 3 last April and love it. I'd been on the fence about getting one for months, but I definitely made the right decision

ahh cheers

but whats the battery life like ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

ahh cheers

but whats the battery life like ???

It's nowhere near as good as the Fitbit, I was getting about 10 days out of a charge on my Fitbit. If I charge my watch tonight, I would usually get Friday, Saturday and Sunday out of the battery and then throw it on charge on Sunday night. It will obviously depend on the usage though

BDJW wrote: »
    It's nowhere near as good as the Fitbit, I was getting about 10 days out of a charge on my Fitbit. If I charge my watch tonight, I would usually get Friday, Saturday and Sunday out of the battery and then throw it on charge on Sunday night. It will obviously depend on the usage though

Usage ?

Id just have it on my wrist and look at a days reports ie steps , sleep etc

So you’s get 3 days ?

Yeah usage is a big thing. I stick mine on charge about an hour or so before I go to bed so it is then fully charged when I activate the sleep tracker when I go to bed.

On days I use a fitness app it’s down to somewhere in the 45-55% range by 9pm. I have calls and texts notifications but not email or twitter.

If I forget to charge, it’s down to about 15-20% in the morning so I get about 36 hours before it gets in need of a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

never had an apple watch

would you recommend ??

The Apple Watch is probably my favourite gadget. Even above my iPhone. I couldn't recommend it more. I have almost all of my notifications...Mail...messages directed to the watch to the point where my phone sits in my packet or desk and I don't really bother checking it that often, I use the workouts app every day and I am tracking my sleep so I am getting about 36 hours battery life also.

Usage ?

It’s not just a step counter. It’s an add on to the phone so anything from calls, texts and notifications can be pushed to the watch.

Fitness monitors heart rates and movement also.
    Mine lasts 2 full days with 2 training sessions, both lasting about an hour.

I also have music and podcasts directly on the watch which I can listen to in my ear phones without the phone so that uses battery life too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Usage ?

Id just have it on my wrist and look at a days reports ie steps , sleep etc

So you’s get 3 days ?

Very poor comparison as the Apple Watch is doing an awful lot more than a Fitbit.

From fitness to using Siri, notifications, playing music and podcasts, gps, sending texts to name just a few.

No comparison really.

so in the gym u wouldn't need to bring your phone ?

your watch can play your iTunes music ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

so in the gym u wouldn't need to bring your phone ?

your watch can play your iTunes music ?

You’d need a cellular watch but no carrier supports it at the moment

Shn99 wrote: »
    You’d need a cellular watch but no carrier supports it at the moment

You can download music to your watch can’t you?

I always have the phone so have never had the need to but I thought you could do that and therefore leave the phone at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

You can download music to your watch can’t you?

I always have the phone so have never had the need to but I thought you could do that and therefore leave the phone at home.

I assumed he meant using the watch fully without the phone.

Advertisement