Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

mad muffin wrote: »
    Does anyone do a good space grey Milanese loop?

I know Spigen used to sell one but they seem to have stopped.

Yes Apple do. Why buy cheap rubbish to go onto your watch makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

TCP/IP wrote: »

Apple do a black one. I’m looking for a space grey to match the space grey Apple Watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Does anyone do a good space grey Milanese loop?

I know Spigen used to sell one but they seem to have stopped.

I use the bands from wish, why? Because I can’t afford it. Not everyone is able for fork out €150 for a Milanese loop or €60 for a silicone band.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Shn99 wrote: »
    I use the bands from wish, why? Because I can’t afford it. Not everyone is able for fork out €150 for a Milanese loop or €60 for a silicone band.

Than use the original band that came with the watch fakes just look cheap and can be spotted a mile away. It’s like a fake watch itself.

Than use the original band that came with the watch fakes just look cheap and can be spotted a mile away. It’s like a fake watch itself.
    I have an original and a fake, not much of a difference between and certainly not one that can be spotted a mile away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It really depends on your personal taste.

I’ve had both apple and 3rd party Milanese loops and the quality whilst you can’t see it immediately you can definitely feel it. The 3rd party took lumps of hair off my wrist, the Apple one felt like I had a silk ribbon around my wrist.

Whether that warrants the price difference is something only you can decide. My advice is get to an Apple/compuB store and try the apple one and just buy a $20 Chinese version and decide yourself.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You know that there are other companies capable of making quality watch straps other than Apple, right? They don't exactly have a monopoly on this.

The leather ones with the modern buckle for example, they are lovely straps. They don't look like €160 straps though, they just look like and feel like any other decent leather strap. Nobody is ever going to look at one and go "oh wow, that must be a really expensive strap!".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I have an original and a fake, not much of a difference between and certainly not one that can be spotted a mile away

What complete and utter rubbish.

Nobody is looking at your strap anyway.

Do you say the same about phone cases, cables etc that are not made by Apple.

murpho999 wrote: »

What complete and utter rubbish.

Nobody is looking at your strap anyway.

Do you say the same about phone cases, cables etc that are not made by Apple.
    No need to launch an attack on anyone. It’s not “complete utter rubbish”. I really don’t get why so many people have such a thing against someone who uses third party bands...as has been said above, you do realize there are brands out there that make them of high quality? If it’s the attitude people are going to have then please recommend me a “cheap” watch that can do the exact same and function the exact same as an Apple Watch. Thanks.

Anyhoo… I got a space grey Milanese loop on amazon.com and a space black link bracelet on AliExpress. The link bracelet is a 6thgen replica. Bring in Christmas :D

• Advertisement

No need to launch an attack on anyone. It’s not “complete utter rubbish”. I really don’t get why so many people have such a thing against someone who uses third party bands...as has been said above, you do realize there are brands out there that make them of high quality? If it’s the attitude people are going to have then please recommend me a “cheap” watch that can do the exact same and function the exact same as an Apple Watch. Thanks.

My sincerest apologies. I quoted and responded to your post in error.

I actually agree with everything you said.

This is what I meant to respond to. Clearly clicked the wrong post.

Easy mistake, no worries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Got mine- any tips? From 0-4

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had the series 3 space grey with a knockoff Milanese Koop. My mate had the black steel version with the genuine strap.
    €500 vs a grand. No one outside of Apple fans could tell the difference. What made it worse was that the sapphire glass on the steel version makes the white seem a bit pale in comparison to the sport. I used to take great fun in slagging off his yellow watch. It bugged him big time from then on.

So the 40mm came in on Saturday. I’ve worn it since then but it kept wanting to twist onto my wrist bone and with the sports band I was between holes. Even with the Milanese loop and link bracelet.

I initiated a return and ordered the 44mm. Hopefully the larger size will remedy my problem. Otherwise I am loving it.

Does anyone know if you change your iphone region to USA will the ECG be available on the watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Does anyone know if you change your iphone region to USA will the ECG be available on the watch?

There were reports a few weeks back that this was true but I suppose we won't know for sure until the watch os update comes out

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/29/apple-watch-ecg-region/

There were reports a few weeks back that this was true but I suppose we won't know for sure until the watch os update comes out

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/29/apple-watch-ecg-region/

Seems like this isn't the case after all.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/12/06/apple-watch-ecg-no-us-region-changing/

damn..,hopefully they were working simultaneously in other countries to get approval otherwise it could be years.
    Approvals in the pharma industry don't get handed out willy nilly despite what some looneys believe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My S4 Nike which was purchased in Vegas on Launch Day has the ECG app after the update.

I didn’t need to change any regions or anything.

Just updated and it was there.

• Advertisement

Just done my first ECG.

This is class.

eeloe wrote: »
    Just done my first ECG.

This is class.

was your account set to us or something?
    I'm wondering how Apple are blocking it in other countries. It can't be the hardware as all the watches are identical so I'm guessing based on serial code which would be too cumbersome and more likely your apple id?

Blazer wrote: »
    was your account set to us or something?
    I'm wondering how Apple are blocking it in other countries. It can't be the hardware as all the watches are identical so I'm guessing based on serial code which would be too cumbersome and more likely your apple id?

Ok confirmed its not hardware restricted.
    Apple are limiting it by device identifier ie serial number or maybe different model number for us versions.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/watch/ecg-app-apple-watch-series-4-canada-outside-usa/

Nope didn’t adjust any settings, just the watch was purchased in the states!

Installing the update as it has other features such as new complications for infograph watchface.

What has to happen for the ECG to be approved in Ireland or the EU?

Each medical body in every country will have to give it medical approval.

Won’t happen for years and years.

FDA approval is the hardest, and being US based that’s the one they went after first.

So the Irish Medical Council would have to approve it?

Maybe it won't take that long as the have gotten FDA approval?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

This is very disappointing, I bought the watch because of the ecg, that was the tipping scale for me. what benefit has it over the 3 if not for that?? this is a joke

This is very disappointing, I bought the watch because of the ecg, that was the tipping scale for me. what benefit has it over the 3 if not for that?? this is a joke

To be fair, it was well advertised beforehand. I don’t think too many people bought the 4 thinking they’d have the ECG in the short term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

To be fair, it was well advertised beforehand. I don’t think too many people bought the 4 thinking they’d have the ECG in the short term.

It was advertised that it would not be available in europe, but when I travel to the US, i should have access to it-regardless of where I purchased my watch.

Advertisement