Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I just use Apple Music, problem solved, pretty much same features as Spotify and massive library.

Then music on the watch is just managed easily in the Watch app.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

murpho999 wrote: »
    I just use Apple Music, problem solved, pretty much same features as Spotify and massive library.

Then music on the watch is just managed easily in the Watch app.

Problem with Apple Music is the crappy experience on Windows and Android. Even the iOS app is fairly rubbish.

I used to use it, but just got fed up and switched back to Spotify.

awec wrote: »
    Problem with Apple Music is the crappy experience on Windows and Android. Even the iOS app is fairly rubbish.

I used to use it, but just got fed up and switched back to Spotify.

I don't use it on Windows or Android just the phone and I don't see anything wrong with the app at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The ECG feature is a strong selling point for me but offline spotify would put it over the top.

Its coming apparently, Spoiify hired a guy to just do the watch app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

DubDJ wrote: »
    Adding music from iTunes is really simple though, literally just selecting the albums/playlists you want to add though the Watch app and it all syncs automatically after that.

Just to add to the above, the watch also has to be charging at the time for it to sync. Well, that is how it has to be on the Series 3 and I'm guessing it's the same on the Series 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Rew wrote: »
    Its coming apparently, Spoiify hired a guy to just do the watch app

Is this any good?

https://www.ondesoft.com/spotify-converter-for-mac/play-spotify-music-on-apple-watch-without-iphone.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Do Apple UK still ship to parcel motel?
    I always promised myself the steel version and I can’t get it here obviously.

I don't use it on Windows or Android just the phone and I don't see anything wrong with the app at all.

iTunes is rubbish.

They messed up the iOS app when they made that major update to it a year or two ago.

awec wrote: »
    iTunes is rubbish.

I wasn't talking about iTunes at all.

I wasn't talking about iTunes at all.

I know you weren't, I was saying why the Windows experience is so bad. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

I updated my Watch this morning to WatchOS 5.2, but there's no sign of the ECG app. Anyone any idea why?

I bought the watch on a trip to Japan, but in ever other respect, it's been working here seamlessly for ages. Are Apple Watches regionally encoded, or otherwise different from one location to another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I updated my Watch this morning to WatchOS 5.2, but there's no sign of the ECG app. Anyone any idea why?

I bought the watch on a trip to Japan, but in ever other respect, it's been working here seamlessly for ages. Are Apple Watches regionally encoded, or otherwise different from one location to another?

They seem to be regionally encoded for the ECG and Japan wasn’t on the list of countries yesterday.

When it was only available for US users, some thought that by changing your account to US it would work but that wasn’t the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

They seem to be regionally encoded for the ECG and Japan wasn’t on the list of countries yesterday.

When it was only available for US users, some thought that by changing your account to US it would work but that wasn’t the case.

Thanks, you're right. I just got a tweet back from Apple Support in the US to say that it's effectively a Japanese Apple Watch and the feature won't unlock until they unlock it for Japan.

I'm quite surprised as it functions in every other respect identically to every other watch I've seen here.

Thanks, you're right. I just got a tweet back from Apple Support in the US to say that it's effectively a Japanese Apple Watch and the feature won't unlock until they unlock it for Japan.

I'm quite surprised as it functions in every other respect identically to every other watch I've seen here.

It’s because Apple need approval from each country.
    I wouldn’t hold my breath for Japan coming anytime soon. Japan are extremely strict on medical devices /medicine and are unbelievably strict on quality/guidelines/documentation etc to the point of extreme.
    I worked previously in a medical company and when they were trying to launch into the Japanese market it was incredible what they had to go through.

Just installed the updates and ran first ECG.

It really is very impressive. PDF for doctor etc. Literally a lifesaver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just installed the updates and ran first ECG.

It really is very impressive. PDF for doctor etc. Literally a lifesaver.

I’m amazed this is out. Have they worked around this by not bothered with certification?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

This is Apple we're talking about, there's no way they'd release this, press release it and not have their arses covered by not having certification.

I’m amazed this is out. Have they worked around this by not bothered with certification?

Why amazed?

They've gotten EU approval.

Never thought it would take as long as so many here said. It never does.

Why amazed?

They've gotten EU approval.

Never thought it would take as long as so many here said. It never does.

Yeah with the exception of Japan once Apple got FDA approval it was just a formality for the EU. Plus they would have been engaged with them prior to release as well.

Now does anyone know if Apple UK still deliver to parcel motel?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Blazer wrote: »
    Yeah with the exception of Japan once Apple got FDA approval it was just a formality for the EU. Plus they would have been engaged with them prior to release as well.

Now does anyone know if Apple UK still deliver to parcel motel?

Pretty sure they do. someone i know got airpods delivered there only a few months ago! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Hmmmm...

Heading to the states shortly. Now don’t know wether to get the 4 now or wait a couple of months and get a European 5

OU812 wrote: »
    Hmmmm...

Heading to the states shortly. Now don’t know wether to get the 4 now or wait a couple of months and get a European 5

Well you’re talking about 6-7 months really.
    I’m tempted to go now for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

You could also spend your time “waiting for the next one”. I’d just get one now if you get the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Does anyone know the difference between the ecg and irregular heart rhythm alerts?

Popped in during lunch to CompuB and got the silver Nike 44mm version.
    Had the black before so said I'd give it silver a shot this time around. It does look very nice in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Blazer wrote: »
    Well you’re talking about 6-7 months really.
    I’m tempted to go now for it.

Won’t be going for three mo the though. That closes the gap real fast

Suppose I could get one then take a small hit on it when the five gets released here

Suppose I could get one then take a small hit on it when the five gets released here

Yeah 3 months is a long time alright.
    It’s also possible that Apple could change the form factor for the next generation so that could impact resale price of the series 4.
    If it was me i’d more than likely wait then.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

There's no small hit....you'll lose at least 30%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I had Shazam as a complication since I got the watch - I updated to 5.2 over the weekend and now I can't select it as one. Irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Has anyone else noticed that their HRV is reading much more frequently since the latest update?
    I am very happy that this has started, it gives a much more accurate reading overall, it used only read at 2 or 3 times a day, and when I used the breathe app, but now it's reading 10+ times per day. actually, practically every 2 hours.

Advertisement