Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What is best way to get a stainless steel series 4?? And with the lte/cellular thingymajingy issue (still cannot get my head around that, sorry I’m not good with technology but just love these Apple products) will it still function same in Ireland as the aluminum you see in the shops?? Can you use the stainless steel in gym/shower??

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

What is best way to get a stainless steel series 4?? And with the lte/cellular thingymajingy issue (still cannot get my head around that, sorry I’m not good with technology but just love these Apple products) will it still function same in Ireland as the aluminum you see in the shops?? Can you use the stainless steel in gym/shower??

Parcel motel or one of the alternatives is best way unless ya go up north. If ya want stainless steel ya gotta pay for the cellular and just accept its a feature you can’t use unless an Irish carriers chooses to support it in the future. It will still function like a standard gps model. As for showering with it, I personally wouldn’t, hot soapy water probably not good for it

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

I've ordered the 4 but didn't get an option to select the size of the wrist band. What size comes with the 44mm? I'd prefer the S/M.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

CFC007 wrote: »
    I've ordered the 4 but didn't get an option to select the size of the wrist band. What size comes with the 44mm? I'd prefer the S/M.

Both size wristbands come with it. It’s only the strap with the holes that’s different, and they put both sizes in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Lads I got a s3 recently for running etc and quite like it, I have some decent proper watches so it’s never going to be an every day wear for me

Is the s4 much of an upgrade on s3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Well I received 2 Apple Watches series 4 yesterday for me and the wife. I’d had the series zero so for me the upgrade has been significant and the wife is loving hers.

I did get the walkie talkie feature to work but it’s still seems glitchy and I’m not sure how long the other half will tolerate me trying to play walkie talkies like a 10 year old in the hope of getting the hang of it.

It’s been a massive jump for me overall though and having used some Samsung, Motorola and pebbles previously I think the apple ecosystem has this one in the bag for now.

Loving having podcasts on the watch and audible books too. Went for a walk today without the phone and it worked flawlessly with my AirPods. It was a greater pleasure not having my phone in my pocket knowing no one could contact me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Cyrus wrote: »
    Lads I got a s3 recently for running etc and quite like it, I have some decent proper watches so it’s never going to be an every day wear for me

Is the s4 much of an upgrade on s3?

IMO, these need to be worn all the time to take advantage of all the new features like the fall detection, afib and the heart rate monitoring.

If you only use it for running your s3 will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

My stainless steel arrived this morning, gotta say I’m delighted with it. Coming from series 0 it’s a huge upgrade. I’d stopped using my watch for anything other than notifications cause it was so slow but the new one everything is so quick and slick. Very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8659082/Trail/searchtext%3EApple+Watch.htm

Are Argos just charging an addition €80 on top of Apple’s prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8659082/Trail/searchtext%3EApple+Watch.htm

Are Argos just charging an addition €80 on top of Apple’s prices?

I’ve seen a lot of stuff on the Argos website showing with higher prices. Don’t think they do it with everything but they do with a lot of Apple stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bit the bullet and ordered the 44mm Nike Plus watch last night.
    All watches now showing delivery as October 31st to November 06.

Hopefully it comes sooner than that.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and ordered the 44mm Nike Plus watch last night.
    All watches now showing delivery as October 31st to November 06.

Hopefully it comes sooner than that.

There is stock in the country, Harvey Norman and the likes have them...instead of waiting?

eeloe wrote: »
    There is stock in the country, Harvey Norman and the likes have them...instead of waiting?

Well they only have a few on their website.

It's the Nike Plus model I want which is out on October 5th so it's no problem waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭akesha

I ordered Alu Gold sport loop 40mm on the 15th and the delivery date shows as 16-23 October. No changes so far :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not the Nike version.
    I’m due mine on 5th Oct.

Sorry i didn't know the Nike version wasn't out yet.

Has anyone seen anything online yet of anyone unboxing and upclose looks at the gold aluminium?

I have a Gold s2, and really want a gold s4, but i think it might be rose gold as opposed to yellow gold.

Sorry i didn't know the Nike version wasn't out yet.

Has anyone seen anything online yet of anyone unboxing and upclose looks at the gold aluminium?

I have a Gold s2, and really want a gold s4, but i think it might be rose gold as opposed to yellow gold.

I thought I seen one YT clip that mentioned it was more of a yellow gold, but I cant be 100% certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

whats the difference between Nike version and regular, just the strap and the app (and can you get the app on the regular version?)

whats the difference between Nike version and regular, just the strap and the app (and can you get the app on the regular version?)

The strap (which was my main reason for buying it) and the app is built in and integrated. I think there's more features in the app but not 100% sure on that, deffo different faces.

Absolutely no technical specification differences.

Different straps and different faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

AidenL wrote: »
    I have to wait till Monday for my stainless steel 44. It’s with DPD.

Did DPD delivery to you?using them myself just interested to see how it went for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mine’s shipped. Currently doing the rounds in China.

Mine’s shipped. Currently doing the rounds in China.

Did you order from Irish Apple Store? What delivery date did you have?

My wife is due hers today, ordered at 8.20am on launch day.
    UPS now saying by end of Thursday but the tracking says in Dublin, In Transit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

akesha wrote: »
    Did you order from Irish Apple Store? What delivery date did you have?

Yeah, ordered from Irish store at about 10am on first day. Delivery estimate was 3-10 October until yesterday when it changed to ‘end of the day Friday’.

So far it’s moved from Suzhou to Shanghai but the last update was yesterday afternoon so I’d imagine it’s now 30,000 feet somewhere over Asia making its way westward

Ok, seems then that you guys usually get the watch a little bit earlier than expected timeline.

I am just dying to get mine, I ordered at 15.30 on the 15th, with expected date of 16-23 oct. I am checking everyday hoping to see it shipping earlier :p

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

My delivery date is middle of October too, does anyone know of stock of 44 space grey anywhere? Harvey Norman, compub seem to be out of stock according to website.

copacetic wrote: »
    My delivery date is middle of October too, does anyone know of stock of 44 space grey anywhere? Harvey Norman, compub seem to be out of stock according to website.

I don´t think there is stock anywhere in Ireland. Compub says they have stock of 44mm silver, but yesterday I was there in Grafton St and they didn´t have a single one.

akesha wrote: »
    Ok, seems then that you guys usually get the watch a little bit earlier than expected timeline.

I am just dying to get mine, I ordered at 15.30 on the 15th, with expected date of 16-23 oct. I am checking everyday hoping to see it shipping earlier :p

Not exactly, my initial order on launch morning stated a delivery date of 26th Sep - 1st Oct. So its the 26th now with UPS saying delivery tomorrow, so expect it at the earliest date on the email, not before.

*If it comes earlier, its a bonus :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Mine estimated is 15 Oct - 22 Oct.

So looks like I'll be another three weeks by looks of it.

Heading to the states this week so could just pick one up there :-/

Advertisement