Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Deaf Rugby Team

Options
  • 12-09-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hello all.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Pauraic, Long time passion in Rugby and current season ticket holder for Leinster. I have been Larking this Rugby Forum for a while.

I am the Committee Member for Deaf Sport Ireland (DSI) and my project was to start Ireland Deaf Rugby Team and take part in next World Cup Rugby Competition.

I am working with Leinster Rugby and IRFU to help us to start a team. I have a small sub committee for this project. At the moment, we need to publicise it.

I am hoping if any of you will able to help me to pass on the word to anyone you may know who is hard of hearing and have a opportunity to represent Ireland in national and international level.

Deaf, defined as a hearing loss of at least 55dB in the better ear (3 tone frequency average of 500, 1,000 and 2,000 Hertz, ANSI 1969 standard)

Note: Player must have member with their current rugby club and played in Regional and/or National League.

Knowledge of Sign language is not necessary.

The following we can play

Tag Rugby Competition
    Rugby 7
    Rugby Union Competition.

The First International Deaf Rugby 7 is coming in Australia last April but unfortunately we don't have a team to represent. Wales have won this competition.

Ireland are the only team in the Top 10 Ranking that does not have a Deaf Team.

For more information or would like to get involve, please PM me.

Thank you

Pauraic
    Tagged:

Advertisement