Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underground safe?

Options
  • 13-09-2018 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all, I am looking to have one fitted in my home. I want to keep what cash and few valuables I have safe and secure. We're not talking tens of thousands or anything like that but enough to worry me. I've googled but the prices vary quite wildly and there are several companies offering their services without any of them particularly standing out from the crowd.

Are there any pointers you could give me regarding having one fitted? Could I just buy the safe and have a (highly competent) builder friend install it and save myself a few quid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

mdol wrote: »
    Hi all, I am looking to have one fitted in my home. I want to keep what cash and few valuables I have safe and secure. We're not talking tens of thousands or anything like that but enough to worry me. I've googled but the prices vary quite wildly and there are several companies offering their services without any of them particularly standing out from the crowd.

Are there any pointers you could give me regarding having one fitted? Could I just buy the safe and have a (highly competent) builder friend install it and save myself a few quid?

Hi I know of 2 put in and all they used was a local builder to put hole in grd, they had bought a simple key operated safe. The builder put a fake tile over safe to conceal it. Job done, took it out when leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

If your not afraid of a kango and mixing cement buy the safe and do it yourself - as above a false tile or floorboards will do the trick. Or easier is install in the step of a stair - better still if its carpeted

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ardinn wrote: »
    If your not afraid of a kango
    Do use a consaw on the concrete before using a kango.

You will need to leave space for whatever anchors are on the safe.

Consider having a dummy safe also.

Advertisement