Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Tropical Storm Helene 17/18 Sep 2018

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That sheer ferocity has eased a little. Still very windy and still sheeting rain, but that sharp edge has eased; met ie say force 6-7 now whereas it was 8 earlier.

Can hear myself think again.

Feeling for anyone who has to be out and about in it .

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Any word on flight disruptions in and out of Cork? Flying in from France tonight. Great 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Recent chart of total precipitable water shows the moisture-rich ex-Helene as the yellow 50-mm areas just to our southwest. Joyce is the more circular area down near the Azores.

2018AL10_16KMTPWP_201809171356.GIF

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

no.8 wrote: »
    Any word on flight disruptions in and out of Cork? Flying in from France tonight. Great 

Should be no problems.
    Raining here constantly all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

23.3mm of rain for the day in Castlebar, nothing really out of the ordinary with more interesting weather possibly on the horizon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Dense heavy mizzle in waterford making driving conditions bad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

24.7mm SW donegal last 24 hours but that fell in about 6 hours last night but not like we dont get that at other times, tonight could be more worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

24.7mm SW donegal last 24 hours but that fell in about 6 hours last night but not like we dont get that at other times, tonight could be more worrying
    Total from Helene: 1mm.
    Total for Sept so far at Dublin Airport: 24mm.
    This is the fifth consecutive month of below average rainfall (May-Sept) and April was only a little above average so I am surprised that there aren't overnight water restrictions in my parts yet? There are obviously still high soil moisture deficits in eastern areas.
    If this happens and October is anticyclonic and dry?

ECM1-240.GIF?18-12

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Total from Helene: 1mm.
    Total for Sept so far at Dublin Airport: 24mm.
    This is the fifth consecutive month of below average rainfall (May-Sept) and April was only a little above average so I am surprised that there aren't overnight water restrictions in my parts yet? There are obviously still high soil moisture deficits in eastern areas.
    If this happens and October is anticyclonic and dry?

ECM1-240.GIF?18-12

I've a feeling that the hosepipe ban will be extended,Helene brought very little rain to the East last night. Heavy mist being blown on the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

e08omem.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So was Helene a bit of an anti-climax?
    OK so the rain was persistent last night up here in North Donegal, but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

NIMAN wrote: »
    OK so the rain was persistent last night up here in North Donegal, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    West Waterford didn't have an unusual rain/wind. It's was consitent rain and mild wind throughout the night, which is not rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭squarecircles

conditions yesterday in Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

NIMAN wrote: »

Yesterday was actually a grand day in Galway. There was heavyish rain for about an hour but otherwise it was warm and blustery with the odd shower. I love walking in that weather. Maybe there was a lot of rain last night but it didn't seem so in the morning. A typical Autumn day, nothing more.

Advertisement