Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir miss selling their broadband

Options
  • 13-09-2018 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

On mon I talked to an eir sales agent on web chat. This person checked my line an told me that I could get speeds of up to 100mbs so I told him I dont want to know the upto speeds I need to know the actual download speed at this house . He said to give him a minute and he will check. He came back and said I can guarantee you speeds of 100mbs . So I told him I will be taking a screen shot of the conversation is he sure I can get these speeds and he said yes. I was just about to buy the package but I didn't have my bank details at the time.
    Now today I got back in touch with eir to buy the package and I was told that I can only get 15mbs at my address . I told the agent about the conversation I had on monday and he said not possible as max I can get is 15mbs.
    I think it is now time to contact comreg and the advertising authority. Unless eir come out here and give me the 100mbs download speed I was guaranteed. And I have the screen shot to prove it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

hairyface wrote: »
    On mon I talked to an eir sales agent on web chat. This person checked my line an told me that I could get speeds of up to 100mbs so I told  him I dont want to know the upto speeds I need to know the actual download speed at this house . He said to give him a minute and he will check.  He came back and said I can guarantee you speeds of 100mbs . So I told him I will be taking a screen shot of the conversation is he sure I can get these speeds and he said yes. I was just about to buy the package but I didn't have my bank details at the time.
    Now today I got back in touch with eir to buy the package and I was told that I can only get 15mbs at my address . I told the agent about the conversation I had on monday and he said not possible as max I can get is 15mbs.
    I think it is now time to contact comreg and the advertising authority.  Unless eir come out here and give me the 100mbs download speed I was guaranteed.  And I have the screen shot to prove it
    put this down to a lucky escape as you now have the chance to try other options. Although if 15mbs is the max you can get on your phone line other providers wont be able to offer more unless you go down the cable route with Virgin if it is in your area or fibre to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

Just out of interest, there was something in the news recently about eir taking customer support back in house and the above is a good reason.  There used to be a gadget that you could use to check actual line speed and I think sky will give you a speed check on their website.  You cant believe anything these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

The funny thing is i was with eir 2 yrs ago and im now with Vodafone and im getting 30mbs download at this address for the last 4yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cableskeptic

swoofer wrote: »
    Just out of interest, there was something in the news recently about eir taking customer support back in house and the above is a good reason.  There used to be a gadget that you could use to check actual line speed and I think sky will give you a speed check on their website.  You cant believe anything these days.
    There is a check you can do from https://www.eir.ie/broadband/ to give you some idea of what your likely broadband speed would be based on your address or phone number

There is a check you can do from https://www.eir.ie/broadband/ to give you some idea of what your likely broadband speed would be based on your address or phone number

Cheers but I run a speed test over the wi fi and im getting 26mbs and when I log into the router and check the dsl I get 30000 download

• Advertisement

Notice hiw there has been ni reply on this forum from eir .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Notice hiw there has been ni reply on this forum from eir .

You seem to think Eir give a shît about you wanting to move to them, they don't, and when the staff don't care either, it filters throughout the place from the top down...

If you already have Vodafone at the address and are getting 30, that is most likely what Eir can give you, as Vodafone is just resold Eir at the end of the day...

No option for Virgin or Magnet where you live?

Fieldog wrote: »
    You seem to think Eir give a shît about you wanting to move to them, they don't, and when the staff don't care either, it filters throughout the place from the top down...

If you already have Vodafone at the address and are getting 30, that is most likely what Eir can give you, as Vodafone is just resold Eir at the end of the day...

No option for Virgin or Magnet where you live?

No im in the stix 10 houses on my cul de sac and 8 have been upgraded to next gen broadband except the last two and unfortunately mine is one of the last one.
    The funny thing is in the 80's the house beside me had to pay for every pole on the lane to be installed as at that time his was the only house on the lane and he can't get ngb. If it was me I would be out with a chain saw cutting my poles down

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

hairyface so what speed is offered to you when you speed check the line?

Many of sales agents like the guy you spoke to just earn minimum wage. Not all of them dedicated much into knowing all ins and outs. Hence why the conflicting information. Not that I believe it's an excuse, but it's just a fact.

He probably looked at the plan name that is available to you "100 Mbps", than reading description what was actually available to you.

aJACRgH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

On mon I talked to an eir sales agent on web chat. This person checked my line an told me that I could get speeds of up to 100mbs so I told  him I dont want to know the upto speeds I need to know the actual download speed at this house . He said to give him a minute and he will check.  He came back and said I can guarantee you speeds of 100mbs . So I told him I will be taking a screen shot of the conversation is he sure I can get these speeds and he said yes. I was just about to buy the package but I didn't have my bank details at the time.
    I think it is now time to contact comreg and the advertising authority.  Unless eir come out here and give me the 100mbs download speed I was guaranteed.  And I have the screen shot to prove it
    Hi hairyface, 

I'm really sorry to hear you have been given conflicting information. 

Unfortunately, if your line is only capable of 15MB we wouldn't be able to offer you more than this. If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I can clarify this for you.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi hairyface, 

I'm really sorry to hear you have been given conflicting information. 

Unfortunately, if your line is only capable of 15MB we wouldn't be able to offer you more than this. If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I can clarify this for you.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thank you for your reply but thankfully I donty have an account with eir im with Vodafone and im currently getting 30mbs download at the line eir says is only 15mbs

That speed test was on wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭redunited

Best thing I ever did was leave Eir.

I can not for my life understand why anyone would be a customer of them, the worst company for customer service ever.

Even told me once I can't get Broadband despite them already supplying me with 30mbs Broadband! That's the joke they are.

Comreg is a waste of time, had an issue over there "Unlimited Broadband" that is limited, told me I had a case but they couldn't take it on as they were already dealing with several other cases. Told me I would be best going to a solicitor! This from the communications watchdog. Pathetic stuff.

redunited wrote: »

I can not for my life understand why anyone would be a customer of them, the worst company for customer service ever.

Even told me once I can't get Broadband despite them already supplying me with 30mbs Broadband! That's the joke they are.

I know one agent says I can get 100mbs the other says only 15mbs while im currently getting 30mbs. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THE LINES
    It doesn't make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

redunited wrote: »

Comreg is a waste of time, had an issue over there "Unlimited Broadband" that is limited, told me I had a case but they couldn't take it on as they were already dealing with several other cases.  Told me I would be best going to a solicitor! This from the communications watchdog.  Pathetic stuff.
    That's pathetic.  From ComReg's website https://www.comreg.ie/about/our-team/retail-consumer-division/

[font=opensans, Arial, sans-serif]Retail and Consumer Services are responsible for the following key organisational functions;[/font]
    [font=opensans_semibold, Arial, sans-serif]Consumer Policy[/font]
    [font=opensans, Arial, sans-serif]The Consumer Policy Unit undertakes measures to ensure consumer protection in the marketplace; the universal provision of telecommunications services and certain retail pricing responsibilities.[/font]
    [font=opensans_semibold, Arial, sans-serif]Consumer Care[/font]
    [font=opensans, Arial, sans-serif]ComReg’s Consumer Care team provides information to all consumers on communication issues; escalates complaints to service providers (electronic communications, postal and premium rate service providers), engages in an outreach programme that extends nationwide and maintain consumer information services which inform and empower consumers.[/font]
    [font=opensans_semibold, Arial, sans-serif]Emergency Call Answering Service[/font]
    [font=opensans, Arial, sans-serif]ComReg’s responsibilities in respect of Ireland’s Emergency Call Handling Service (ECAS) include two key functions – to monitor the quality of service provided by the ECAS provider and to review the maximum call handling fee charged by the ECAS provider to operators.[/font]
    [font=opensans_semibold, Arial, sans-serif]Postal[/font]
    [font=opensans, Arial, sans-serif]ComReg’s regulatory remit includes ensuring the sustainable provision of a universal postal service, while providing all postal service users (consumers, small businesses, and large organisations) with the choice, quality, and innovation offered by a liberalised postal market.[/font]
    [font=opensans_semibold, Arial, sans-serif]Premium Rate Services[/font]
    [font=opensans, Arial, sans-serif]The Premium Rate Service (PRS) Section is responsible for carrying out investigations relating to the provision, content and promotion of PRS with the objective of protecting the interests of end users of PRS. The Section also develops and implements policies for the PRS sector including a Code of Practice and a Levy, which are relevant to licensed PRS providers.[/font]

Maybe an email to the Minister for Communications is in order?

Advertisement