Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do when the shopowner gets an heart attack?

• 13-09-2018 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7512829/3b5e01a3/medewerker_krijgt_hartaanval.html
    Rob the place of course

https://www.gofundme.com/relief-for-zarif
    Zarif has been in the hospital in critical care since 9/8/2018. He got into an argument with 3 males who didn't want to pay for items they took. He was able to get $1 from them. As he turned around to go back to the counter, he passed out due to an underlying medical condition. One of the men then took the dollar from his hand, jumped the counter to grab some cigarettes, and ran out the door - all of them leaving him to die.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

And then they came back and emptied the till ... charming fellas !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

aaakev wrote: »
    a

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Bob Harris wrote: »
    b

c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Poor man. What a way to die with that lot by your side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Almost $26,000 raised in less than 3 days! Happily, there are still quite a few decent people in the world.

And, given the quality of the shop's security video, the vermin who callously left him to die should be caught quite easily.
    Poor man. What a way to die with that lot by your side

He's not dead yet! Hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Am I the only one who feels skeptical about a lot of GoFundMe pages? I'm not saying this one is dodgy but how can you know for sure if a GoFundMe page will actually hand the money over? Seems like a very easy thing for a scammer to set up when something like this happens or the guy who had a scrambler motorbike land on him?

Do GoFundMe do any checks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wheety wrote: »
    Am I the only one who feels skeptical about a lot of GoFundMe pages? I'm not saying this one is dodgy but how can you know for sure if a GoFundMe page will actually hand the money over? Seems like a very easy thing for a scammer to set up when something like this happens or the guy who had a scrambler motorbike land on him?

Best description of what had happened was on the gofundme page. That is the main reason why i added it.

There are some dubious pages to be found there indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

It’s a form of legalised begging, how did people manage before go fund me?

Dakota Dan wrote: »

Local fundraisers mostly. Anything like this were people have sympathy for the victim usually sees money flying in. No way would you make the same from pub quizzes and car washes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Too true! My ethos is if you want something get it yourself or in the situation
    as described above the guy should have had insurance and the cop on not to
    go up against three guys on his own!

By the way I'm looking to upgrade the house and car shortly so if you see an advert please donate generously! I'm only on 40K a year!

Local fundraisers mostly. Anything like this were people have sympathy for the victim usually sees money flying in. No way would you make the same from pub quizzes and car washes etc.

Something that requires effort go fund me is the lazy way. The local old folks home here are organising a mock wedding to raise money. I wonder how much of a cut the website owners get?

inforfun wrote: »
    Best description of what had happened was on the gofundme page. That is the main reason why i added it.

There are some dubious pages to be found there indeed.

And this does seem legit but I'm always a bit wary as I could set up a page saying I work with a victim of some horrendous crime and grab a picture from social media and start collecting money. Just wondering if there's anything, apart from morals, stopping me.

And regarding getting arrested for fraud or whatever, there are people out there very good at hiding their location, even if they use a bank account and id to set up the GoFundMe page.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic about people :D

Here it's 2.9% plus 0.25 per donation.

They do encourage people to report any suspicious pages.

Sorry for taking this off topic. Perhaps this kind of chat is for another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

There is a couple being investigated in America after starting a GoFundMe for a homeless man, raising $400k but allegedly only giving him $75k while spending the rest on living a lavish lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Too true! My ethos is if you want something get it yourself or in the situation
    as described above the guy should have had insurance and the cop on not to
    go up against three guys on his own!

By the way I'm looking to upgrade the house and car shortly so if you see an advert please donate generously! I'm only on 40K a year!

Are you joking?

He collapsed from a medical condition, it wasn't about not having the "cop on". Sh!t can happen to anyone, I hope you're shown more sympathy than you're displaying here if something horrible happens to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

aaakev wrote: »
    a
    Bob Harris wrote: »
    b
    c

None of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I was going to donate $1 so he'd get back the dollar your man took from his hand but was told "Donation amount must be at least $5". Fuck that.

I thought this was kind of relevant to the thread. Its the best idea I have seen in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

well tonight thank god it's them instead of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Are you joking?

He collapsed from a medical condition, it wasn't about not having the "cop on". Sh!t can happen to anyone, I hope you're shown more sympathy than you're displaying here if something horrible happens to you

I'm out on sympathy unfortunately!

Advertisement