Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mairia Cahill vindicated

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why didn't she state that in the Tribune article so?

Mairia Cahill 2018: "Instead of being a responsible adult and reporting it to the authorities"

Mairia Cahill 2010: "I never wanted M killed. I wanted him tied to railings in Ballymurphy with a placard around his neck saying he was a rapist." (from the Tribune interview above).

Mairia not changing her story????

Where in any of that did Mairia Cahill say that she asked the IRA to tie him to railings? That statement was in the context of the IRA having already interfered and then offering to kill him.

Let us get things clear. Mairia Cahill never went to the IRA. The IRA heard about the rape through a woman that Mairia confided in and they interfered and started an investigation. The interpretation you are putting on it is pure fantasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭maccored

blanch152 wrote: »
    Where in any of that did Mairia Cahill say that she asked the IRA to tie him to railings? That statement was in the context of the IRA having already interfered and then offering to kill him.

Let us get things clear. Mairia Cahill never went to the IRA. The IRA heard about the rape through a woman that Mairia confided in and they interfered and started an investigation. The interpretation you are putting on it is pure fantasy.

your post is pure fantasy. MC didnt want the IRA involved? She didnt want the RUC involved either so are you telling me she wanted nothing done?

I'm not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse or not due to the nature of your argument, but who did she want to tie him to the railings then?

There's one thing clear about this entire affair: it's not clear. The starting point is Mairia Cahill WAS abused. It begins to diverge after that.

I'm not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse or not due to the nature of your argument, but who did she want to tie him to the railings then?

There's one thing clear about this entire affair: it's not clear. The starting point is Mairia Cahill WAS abused. It begins to diverge after that.

Mairia Cahill went to a woman she knew for help. That woman went to the IRA. That much is also clear.

maccored wrote: »
    your post is pure fantasy. MC didnt want the IRA involved? She didnt want the RUC involved either so are you telling me she wanted nothing done?

Mairia Cahill, understandably for a young woman, went to a female friend she looked up to for help. That friend involved the IRA, not Mairia.

Mairia Cahill's family said that they would have directed her to the RUC had she come to them.

The blame here rests with those people in Gerry Adams' office who involved the IRA and the IRA themselves who got involved. None of the blame can or should apply to the abused girl. Defending the IRA on this is just disgusting.

• Advertisement

Mairia Cahill went to a woman she knew for help. That woman went to the IRA. That much is also clear.

So she "went to a woman". Hmmm, now we suddenly don't know the status of this woman whatsoever according to you. But Suzanne Breen IS on the status of who was contacted first. What is not clear from Breen's article is did MC ask this person not to tell anyone else?

So she "went to a woman". Hmmm, now we suddenly don't know the status of this woman whatsoever according to you. But Suzanne Breen IS on the status of who was contacted first. What is not clear from Breen's article is did MC ask this person not to tell anyone else?

Oh, so now you are accepting that Mairia Cahill didn't necessarily ask for the IRA to get involved? Mairia Cahill, as a young girl, only knew people involved in the republican movement. Her grandfather was the IRA in his time. How likely is it that anyone she went to was in the IRA? Pretty much damn certain.

No matter how many times the republican movement spin it, the fact that Mairia Cahill went to a woman, who was also a member of the IRA, does not mean in any way that Mairia wanted the IRA to involve themselves. The lie that Mairia asked for the IRA to be involved has been spun by Sinn Fein representatives in public and it is a complete disgrace.

P.S. We only have Mairia Cahill's statement that the woman was a member of the IRA, and she has also stated that Gerry Adams was a member of the IRA. Do we accept Mairia's knowledge on both of their memberships, or just one?

P.P.S. I notice you abbreviated the name of Mairia Cahill to MC but not the name of the journalist, were you dehumanising a victim?

Oh, so now you are accepting that Mairia Cahill didn't necessarily ask for the IRA to get involved?

Nope, not saying any such thing.
    Mairia Cahill, as a young girl, only knew people involved in the republican movement. Her grandfather was the IRA in his time. How likely is it that anyone she went to was in the IRA? Pretty much damn certain.

No matter how many times the republican movement spin it, the fact that Mairia Cahill went to a woman, who was also a member of the IRA, does not mean in any way that Mairia wanted the IRA to involve themselves. The lie that Mairia asked for the IRA to be involved has been spun by Sinn Fein representatives in public and it is a complete disgrace.

Unconditional belief (which is what you are displaying here) should never be confused with attempting to establish the truth of all this. A disgrace because you so desperately want it to be so. It couldn't be possibly anything else......
    P.S. We only have Mairia Cahill's statement that the woman was a member of the IRA, and she has also stated that Gerry Adams was a member of the IRA. Do we accept Mairia's knowledge on both of their memberships, or just one?

Nothing to do with what Breen stated as to the status of the person involved in the initial contact.
    P.P.S. I notice you abbreviated the name of Mairia Cahill to MC but not the name of the journalist, were you dehumanising a victim?

A worthless contribution tbh. There was no intent whatsoever on my part in using the initials "MC" in my post.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/report-says-sinn-fein-members-did-not-cooperate-with-police-in-mairia-cahill-abuse-probe-37540133.html

Kind of predictable really. Sinn Fein asked to co-operate with investigation into child abuse, and they submit written statements only.

"The Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland report into police handling of Ms Cahill's case says that Sinn Fein members would not co-operate with the MIT investigation into the IRA's internal investigation of Ms Cahill's abuse.

Police accepted written witness statements from a number of Sinn Fein members in relation to the Public Prosecution Unit's (PPU) investigation of the abuse."

Will action be taken against these members, I wonder?

Advertisement