Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabot Financial and Debtitask

• 13-09-2018 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, anyone deal with debtitask who are used by Cabot? Had a letter and a lad come to my door from an old debt from ge money that Cabot took over in 2010! I had no communication with ge money since 08/09 and I had absolutely no contact what so ever with Cabot! Any advise on what to do would be great! Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Wasphead

dell77 wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone deal with debtitask who are used by Cabot? Had a letter and a lad come to my door from an old debt from ge money that Cabot took over in 2010! I had no communication with ge money since 08/09 and I had absolutely no contact what so ever with Cabot! Any advise on what to do would be great! Thanks!!

Sounds like it's statute barred, over six years, no payments made or acknowledgement of the debt. Unless you have since that guy called. The debt is unenforceable if it's barred.
    Only communicate in writing if at all possible. If the guy calls again say you have no knowledge of the debt and to contact you in writing, or you will have to report him and the company he works for to the Gardai., Citing the "non fatal offences against the person act". Look that up for a better understanding of the law itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LouG

Wasphead wrote: »
    Sounds like it's statute barred, over six years, no payments made or acknowledgement of the debt. Unless you have since that guy called. The debt is unenforceable if it's barred.
    Only communicate in writing if at all possible. If the guy calls again say you have no knowledge of the debt and to contact you in writing, or you will have to report him and the company he works for to the Gardai., Citing the "non fatal offences against the person act". Look that up for a better understanding of the law itself.

Hi wasphead I have sent you a PM, please read and i hope you can reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Wasphead

Hi LouG, I have replied to you.
    LouG wrote: »
    Hi wasphead I have sent you a PM, please read and i hope you can reply

Advertisement