Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of mobile number for security SMS

Options
  • 13-09-2018 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi folks, 

I've recently moved to London to live & work. 

My Irish number has since been recycled and I need to update the registered number on the account to my UK number so that I can change the postal address, receive security SMS, etc. 

Is this possible to do via online banking? Ideally I'd like to avoid having to call as call rates are expensive and seems like the type of thing that should be easily doable online. 

Is there any issue with updating the account to a UK number (i've heard rumours this could be a problem?). 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi folks, 

I've recently moved to London to live & work. 

My Irish number has since been recycled and I need to update the registered number on the account to my UK number so that I can change the postal address, receive security SMS, etc. 

Is this possible to do via online banking? Ideally I'd like to avoid having to call as call rates are expensive and seems like the type of thing that should be easily doable online. 

Is there any issue with updating the account to a UK number (i've heard rumours this could be a problem?). 

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You can update this number through the "Amend my mobile phone number for security codes" section within the "Manage accounts" tab of your 365 online profile, once you log in on the full website.
    We can accept a UK number you just need to enter it as if you are calling from Ireland so include 0044 at the start of it.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Excellent, thanks for the quick response.

Advertisement