Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenancy Issues

• 13-09-2018 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have been renting a property for two years and have a lease for up until May 2019, I have just been told the house has gone into receivership and they have told me I am to be evicted by the end of the month. What can I do about this?
    I am a student and am pretty worried as I have no where to go.
    Thank you in advance!

(I'm not used to boards sorry for posting in the wrong area)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

saarraahh wrote: »
    I have been renting a property for two years and have a lease for up until May 2019, I have just been told the house has gone into receivership and they have told me I am to be evicted by the end of the month. What can I do about this?
    I am a student and am pretty worried as I have no where to go.
    Thank you in advance!

(I'm not used to boards sorry for posting in the wrong area)

Who is they? Are you a tenant or a licensee?

You're in the wrong forum by the way. A mod will move you soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

who told you this? This is potentially not allowed but a lot depends on your status?

Do you live with the landlord?
    Do you rent a whole house/apartment or a room?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 saarraahh

A property management company emailed me today, I am a tenant renting a full house, the landlord does not live here and they said that they have taken the house off of my landlord and that I am to be evicted.

"(Landlord) no longer owns the property. _____ is the receiver appointed by the bank to repay the loan outstanding on the property. The termination notice of your tenancy which expires on 30th September is due to the receivers intention to sell the property and has nothing to do with the rent arrears. If you do not vacate the property by this date we will be issuing proceedings with the RTB to obtain vacant possession of the property."

who told you this? This is potentially not allowed but a lot depends on your status?

Do you live with the landlord?
    Do you rent a whole house/apartment or a room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

If you have a lease till May 2019, I would be pretty sure they cant kick you out....and certainly not on 2 weeks notice. You have part 4 protection and a lease, so this only adds to your rights. In the absence of a lease, they could terminate for reason of sale with the proper notice period, 2 months I think after 2 years? But as it is, you have a contract. But someone else would need to confirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Contact PRTB

• Advertisement
Advertisement