Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber in Athlone

Options
  • 13-09-2018 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi everyone. I’m having a very difficult time finding a plumber in Athlone. I have called all the numbers I can find online and all plumbers are either retired or not returning phone calls. No plumbers advertised in Athlone Advertiser. I’m at my wits end. I just need a plumber for a small household job ( My electric shower is only giving cold water and my immersion takes much too long to heat up) I would really applreciate if anyone could recommend a plumber in Athlone. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Always found Pat Egan to be good, although can be a nightmare trying to get him he's so busy usually. I'll pm on his number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Frank Dolan in Brideswell. Sounds like your shower though is fecked. There is generally no serviceable parts in them. A new shower is your best bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Frank Dolan in Brideswell. Sounds like your shower though is fecked. There is generally no serviceable parts in them. A new shower is your best bet.

It might be just the brushes. They can be replace in a few minutes in a Triton. I don't know what model the o/p has though.

4ensic15 wrote:
    It might be just the brushes. They can be replace in a few minutes in a Triton. I don't know what model the o/p has though.

It could be the brushes, usually though if one thing goes it is usually followed by more. My Mira sport gave up the ghost a couple of months ago. Bought a triton shower off the Screwfix direct website 75 euro bargain. 12 euro in plumbing bits to change the water inlet. All in 87 euro. Luckily I can do it myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    It could be the brushes, usually though if one thing goes it is usually followed by more. My Mira sport gave up the ghost a couple of months ago. Bought a triton shower off the Screwfix direct website 75 euro bargain. 12 euro in plumbing bits to change the water inlet. All in 87 euro. Luckily I can do it myself.

I wouldn't install a mains water shower. I always get the Triton T90. Woodies and B & Q sell them for About €240.

• Advertisement

4ensic15 wrote:
    I wouldn't install a mains water shower. I always get the Triton T90. Woodies and B & Q sell them for About €240.

No option in my case. Plus the water is hard usually the heater and tank that goes. 3 shower in 14 years. 2 Mira, one Triton. Moving soon so next house will all be pumped.

Advertisement